One-click software to clean-up/enhance a finished track

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by chumbo, Dec 30, 2022.

1. chumbo

chumbo Ultrasonic

I don't have the skills to clean-up/enhance a track some I'm looking for one of these newer A.I.-like plugins that claims to do things with +- 1-click for morons like me :unsure:.

I'm talking about tracks that sound like they were recorded with a portable recorder so need many corrections to make it sound half-decent.
    I was thinking of something like Slate Digital Fresh Air which seems to be in the exciter category...is that a viable option?
    Thx!

3. Mr. Mills

Mr. Mills Newbie

I just got The God Particle, and it works wonders. Put it on your Master Bus and mix into it for the best results!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Mr. Mills

Mr. Mills Newbie

Sorry, just re-read your post. If you are talking about clean up (Noise, etc). then try SpectraLayers (or a similar software). I use it all the time to clean up noisy audio.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. monooxy

monooxy Member

try ozone 10 - 1-click :wink:

6. mk_96

mk_96 Audiosexual

Izotope RX for restoring audio (getting rid of noise, clicks, stuff like that) and Ozone for your regular audio processing. Both come with their own automated "asistant" but you can also fine tune stuff if you want.

Are they replacements to actually investing the time and effort? Not even close, if anything it'll only make stuff sound less bad, but i don't think there's a better 1-click option around.

7. Uprock

Uprock Kapellmeister

Try this dyne.jpg
    :rofl:

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  8. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

Paid Mastering online service?

9. clone

clone Audiosexual

acon digital restoration are very simple plugins too.

10. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Easy peasy. This is the FX Chain you're looking for:
    Gulfoss -> Voxengo Tiote -> Soothe-> all Sonible plugins-> Ozone -> Neutron -> Pluton-> RX

You're welcome [mic drop]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. chumbo

chumbo Ultrasonic

Awesome, thx everybody! I'll check all those options out...except maybe the last which doesn't quick match my '1-click' request (picks up the mic and hands it back to the clumsy fella) :wink:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Gnosisrausch

Gnosisrausch Kapellmeister

There is no such thing yet, but one thing that can really work well for people who don't know what they are doing is to put channel strips or AI plugins such as the Focusrite Fast Suite on individual tracks and see what the presets of the channel strips or the suggested settings of the AI plugins do to the sound. Usually you will discover that there are some things that work well for certain instruments or instrument busses. In the end, something like Gullfoss (moderately used) combined with Soothe and Ozone or Lurssen can do the final touches, but there is no plugin yet that does your whole mixing and mastering process in one click. You have to do at least a bit of experimenting yourself, which is a lot less than people needed to do 15 years ago and before.

13. macros mk2

macros mk2 Platinum Record

so going off of your description with my stupid brain I'm wondering if you mean there is a lot of noise/crackles etc in the recording OR if you mean "I want this song to sound less muddy/piercing etc"

cause the top one id probably get something like iZotope Rx and play with presets (one click) and the bottom I'd get focusrite fast balancer, then fast limiter. balancer is one click drag slider around to EQ the sound, the limiter same thing for overall volume. easy, sounds good.

14. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

First thing is dealing with noise - if there are any spots where there is no music, that can be used as a "noise profile".
    If it was recorded on tape , like the old days, there is an obvious hiss profile to use as the noise profile. A steady noise source is the easiest to profile and reduce (of course tape speed variance adn head contact pressure,etc make even tape hiss "unsteady").

It is easier to drastically reduce the high-frequency hiss of a big open (but quiet) room than to drastically reduce tape hiss, as tape hiss (being unsteady) requires a perhaps wider frequency range, and intrudes a lot into the precious high-end. I recall doing a lot of work transferring from various tapes to digital and it's a nasty format even in high-end consumer products.

If there are multiple noise sources that come and go, it makes it more more complicated to choose how much of each source to remove and more testing is usually involved.

But even in a place with no obvious noise sources and relative quiet, there is an "ambient noise" (distant air conditioners and building-noise carried in via ductwork, etc) that can be used as a profile, and that's the best case, really.

These days many programs do a lot of the analysis work and can save so much time and effort, but noise-profiling is still and important part of that if you can get isolated background noise.

Normally it is only once you are happy with noise reduction that you should you do any further work / enhancement.

15. chumbo

chumbo Ultrasonic

Just to clarify, it's not so much noise that is the problem as just the audio sounding poor, as in feeling dull, lacking 'shine', a bit muddy, and probably recorded with average equipment in poor conditions. But there is no real issue with noise. I do have a little experience removing noise so if it occurred, I'd deal with it the best I can.
    I'm guessing EQing/Exciter is going to be one of the main tools for the job but there are probably other issues for which I don't even fully understanding the terminology but seems to be things often addressed when trying to 'fix' audio, like resonance, phasing, harmonic balance, etc...
    As I said, I don't even fully understand what those terms really mean, just know there are plugins developed to address these issues and thought maybe I'm having similar issues and need to fix them to make the audio sound better...dunno?

16. M McB

M McB Producer

Needs more plugins

17. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I think you're right: add TBProaudio DS-EQ2 and AutoTune... AutoTune something
    Nice sense of humor :wink: :rofl:

18. macros mk2

macros mk2 Platinum Record

I'm gonna double down on recommending the focusrite fast balancer. it really does a decent job for how incredibly simple it is. as close to a one click plugin I can think of. technically you click "learn" then can pick 1 of 3 settings (but if you don't and leave it on neutral, not warm or bright then one less click!) then you drag a slider around for the desired result.

others on here are good as well, don't get me wrong- I just think this one is the absolute most simple as you requested.

19. EverQuest

EverQuest Guest

I use stereo tool to quickly enhance music that lacks decent mastering like music from youtube

20. chumbo

chumbo Ultrasonic

Nobody mentioned Toontrack EZMix...any thoughts on that one?

21. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Now that you mention it is pretty much one knob or two. I like it because it's fast as fuck . Recently discovered is co-developed by Overloud.

Many people try to look good talking bad of it because is so simple and obviously not the best sounding but I always have it in my toolbox just in case. Sounds good enough to me for several effects.

I guess it can't do wonders for mastering. But then again, it's not supposed to do wonders.