One Channel Side Mixer in REAPER

Discussion in 'Reaper' started by MINIGUNPUNK, Oct 4, 2021.

1. MINIGUNPUNK

MINIGUNPUNK Kapellmeister

Hello all, I want to make a single channel side mixer in the reaper, but for some reason it does not work, I do by tutorial reaper mania, see a screenshot:
    [​IMG]
    -It's supposed to be
    [​IMG]
    -But when I reduce this panel to the state in the video, then I have in this mixer appear two channels, which is not very convenient, I need one mixer channel, and yes, when I want to open the mixer in a separate window for example press (M) and this window simply closes, and opens.
    Please help me.
    My resolution - 1440x900

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
  3. Tai-San

Tai-San Ultrasonic

Best Answer
    It looks like you have left "Show multiple rows of tracks (when size permits)" checked in the Mixer Context menu. Try unchecking that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. MINIGUNPUNK

yo dude, it works, thanks, for some reason I thought that option was enabled in that tutorial, lol, but it wasn't, thanks again! But, how do I make the mixer bar open in a separate window? So I can see the entire mixer list in a separate window? When I press "M", the mixer on the left collapses and reappears, but I need to see all the mixer tracks together sometimes.

5. Tai-San

Tai-San Ultrasonic

For that you'll have to use Screensets. You can set up two different Window screen sets, one with just the side mixer arrangement and another one for showing the fullscreen mixer. Then you just assign shortcuts to them, and can easily flip back and forth. You can still use the mixer shortcut "M", it will simply display the mixer differently in each window set. Kenny has a couple of tutorials on screensets/window layouts if you're not already familiar.

6. MINIGUNPUNK

7. Tai-San

Tai-San Ultrasonic

Glad to help! I once struggled with this very issue myself :)