Omnisphere VST plugin problem on MAC

Discussion in 'Live' started by scouse, Jan 16, 2014.

1. scouse

scouse Newbie

I have installed Spectrasonics Omnisphere on my MAC and Ableton just wont recognise it in the Plug-ins of Ableton 9.1

When I navigate to the library/audio/plugins/VST folder, Omnisphere.vst is there.

The STEAM folder with the masive 40 to 50 gig of files is at library/Applications Support/Spectrasonics/STEAM

Everything seems to have installed correctly.

I have tried installing most of the updates (of which non of them complained) and still Omnisphere is invisable to Ableton.

My MAC is Version 10.7.5 with a 3.4 GHz quad intel Core i7 with 16 gig of memory and a 2 terabyte hard drive.....so I'm not short of the specs.

I hope someone can help me out as to where things have gone wrong - or where I have gone wrong.

I must say, I am new to working on a MAC (a Windows PC man for (far too Long) so I must have gone wrong somewhere.

3. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

folder location is correct in Ableton? 32bit/64bit?

4. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

You need to update to latest version of plug or wont work espicially if your Daw is 64bit?
    the latest plugs from them are 64bit and older versions wont reconize

5. nikon

nikon Platinum Record

ok, STEAM folder may be installed anywhere, when you first start OMNI it ask for location of STEAM folder...

plugins in MACOSX location:

AU in /Library/Audio/Plug-ins/Components/

VST in /Library/Audio/Plug-ins/VST/

AU (omnisphere.component) is about 120Mb (right click on file, get info)

VST (omnisphere.vst) is about 122Mb.

After all, as all unix systems, in MacOSX is important too to check priveges of file and folders.. so check omnisphere.component on Get info there must be:

you as user: read & write

Also, there is a question, does other plugins scanned correctly or you have only OMNI and it not work.

6. evolasme

evolasme Producer

while im not to familiar with abliton live. if the VST is in the folder and its not showing up in your DAWit might be a compatibility issue with Abliton. or bit rate issue 32 bit DAW and 64 bit version or vis versa. I've tested here with Main Stage and Cubase 7.5 on my mac and both are fine...

id uninstall the plug in and reinstall it. do not delete the STREAM library so all u need is reinstall the plug in

7. scouse

scouse Newbie

I uninstalled the plugin and re-installed it, and didn't touch the STEAM library.

Installed the latest Update: Spectrasonics Omnisphere v1.5.8d UPDATE ONLY MacOSX

Still Ableton cant see Omnisphere in the plugins.

The following plugins are installed and work great with Ableton:

Camel Audio Alchemy 1.25
    iZotope RX 3 Advanced v3.01
    Sonic Academy ANA v1.5
    U-he Zebra v2.6 AU VST VST3

As far as I know, everything is 64bit

I have tried various 32 bit plugins (for the MAC) with no success, Sylenth etc and a few others.