Omnisphere vs Keyscape

Discussion in 'Omnisphere' started by ArtVandalay7, Sep 17, 2023.

1. ArtVandalay7

ArtVandalay7 Newbie

I am using a Macbook Pro running Catalina OS and using Midi USB to an external mixer and speakers. I am having an issue where, when I play the "cinematic" piano preset for example in Omnisphere, some notes will not play but the same preset plays fine in Keyscape. Is there a setting I need to change or why the difference? CPU doesn't look taxed when this is happening. Any ideas?

3. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

What does the loading status bar say? Does it look like Omnisphere thinks that it has loaded the whole patch properly? Do other patches have problems or just the one?

4. ArtVandalay7

ArtVandalay7 Newbie

Thanks for the reply. It does indicate it has loaded the whole patch properly. I'm having trouble with Omnisphere in general It is all up to date. But it will suddenly stop communicating with my Midi keyboard, the sustain pedal will reverse without warning, it doesn't retain the velocity curve for my keyboard, etc. Again, the same patches seem to be fine in the standalone Keyscape app, for example. I really want to be able to use Omnisphere so this is frustrating...

Last edited: Oct 24, 2023
  5. ArtVandalay7

ArtVandalay7 Newbie

Any ideas on how to fix the glitches that seem to be unique to Omnisphere?