Omnisphere Software 2.2.0g Update

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Quakeaudio, Mar 25, 2016.

1. crecy

crecy Rock Star

Is there a software update 2.3.0 h ?

2. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

yes there is , did you have checked your Spectrasonics Account ?

3. wuzzle

wuzzle Platinum Record

Lesser Galactic Co-ordinates: Earth (0.0.0)
    Omnisphere Software 2.3.0h 9-12-16
    Includes the following features and fixes:

• Compatibility with Keyscape
    • Redo/Undo functionality
    • Collapse/Expand Mini Browser
    • Mini Browser Ratings
    • Streaming improvements
    • Note Stealing improvements
    • Progressive Loading improvements
    • Add new "Custom Tab Reset" user preference button on System pane
    • Aux Rack FX Return is modulatable
    • Various fixes and improvements

4. koschke

koschke Noisemaker

i'm hoping that someday i will see a fix for the recalling issue :(:sad:
    :guru:

5. I recieved two emails pushing the new Keyscape from Spectasonics but none about the 2.3 update for Omnisphere. I only found out about it here. Thanks, AS.

6. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Yes. S1 3.3 on Win10 x64.
    This is much better than the last version. Faster loading time.

7. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Well duh, you already paid for Omnisphere. There's no profit in notifying you about the update.

I understand that there is less motivation to send out notice about products to people that already bought them, but this really gets on my nerves. Spectrasonics, Sonic Academy, Izotope, Xfer... just to name a few. People downloading the warez versions know about the updates before I do. In fact they're the only reason I find out at all.

A few who are pretty good about this are Ableton, PluginBoutique/Credland, and Soundtoys. Actually they're the only ones I can think of that send out notice

8. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

Hi @One Reason. I think thats was some Waves Plugins, among are SSL and other i cant remember them too :))

9. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

The original ilok2 cracks required compatibility mode to work properly

10. No wonder I could never get any of that to work. Thanks again Cav Emp! I will become fully compatible and properly conquer the world. Those are the plugs that will take me from very good to greatness, LOL.

On the Omnisphere front, I am dumbfounded concerning my not being on the mailing list for the updates for the software that I paid good change for, but definitely on the one that he would have me buy. This is the kind of thing that keeps me from spending my hard earned cash, and in retrospect I now wish that I had spent that dough on something else, or even a few other something elses. Shite, 350 bucks can buy some really nice synths or plugins. Even if I really dig Omnisphere, and I do, there is no way that in the future he is going to see another red cent of my money, no way, no how. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

11. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Yeah I have a somewhat less cynical view of it. It pisses me off, but lots of developers do it. And like I said, I understand the motivation is lesser. Sonic Academy is the most egregious offender - I have a hard time even finding the changelog on their site to check what the current version is. At least Spectrasonics makes it easy to find and offers legacy downloads. Shades of grey, my friend.

Meanwhile, PluginBoutique adds updates of other developers' plugs to my account as long as I bought said plugs through them.... which I do for everything as long as I can help it.

What is there to say... some people just do it better than others.

Footnote for the sake of fairness to SA - I made a thread complaining about this and the support guy (and maybe the dev? I'm not sure) promised to start a newsletter for Kick 2 owners that notifies us of updates. So SA is substandard in this area for now. Hopefully that changes. Their support is helpful and friendly though, and honestly I can't survive without Kick 2 anymore. Drum samples just sound thin and wimpy to me now that I've been using it for a while.

12. Xyenz Fyxion

Xyenz Fyxion Producer

Share some of your presets~

13. Xyenz Fyxion

Xyenz Fyxion Producer

I still want to buy Omnisphere. It's a monster, and I keep seeing more teeth each time it opens its mouth. And, while this is very annoying, them not sending out the updates (faster than crackers check for them) isn't enough to refute how good the soft is. However, it's a bunch of change. That is because they respect it, and so do we. So, paying customers should get them damn updates first!

Speaking of buying, I have been trying to install the legit Serum for the past 24 hours with Splice. For some reason, it keeps crashing. I swear I've deleted everything old. This is some form of karma. I'll start a new thread before I go so far deep into it. But, I think that it's a lotta lame that both of my favorite synth's developers may overlook us when it comes to updates. Newsletters aren't that hard (especially in 2016). I hope once I figure this installation out that I'm notified about the updates (like I was before I decided to buy it).

14. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

How exactly does that work? I know AoN made an installer for his stuff. Don't expect that from me :Rofl:

But if I have presets that reference samples on my system... the only thing I could think to do would be to upload an Ableton set with its files collected into the project folder

15. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Where were they notifying you about updates? Last I checked, Duda said he didn't have any newsletter and basically suggested we 'Like' his facebook page and continually watch for updates. How convenient btw - want news about this thing you bought? How about you increase my social media reach instead?

To be fair, my impressions of Duda don't suggest that he's that type of dude but it would be very easy to draw a cynical conclusion from that (like I just did).

Is your music computer offline? Can you connect it? I know I had a plugin that would crash whenever I opened the preset browser because it had one of those preset sharing communities that could be accessed through the preset browser. Maybe try connecting to the internet and then open it. Especially considering it's a subscription model. Just a thought :dunno:

16. @Xyenz Fyxion .. hey Bro, been a while.

I really do expect to be notified and should be notified before I see it here.

Best of luck with your Serum issue. Maybe you should perform some sort of ceremony to roust the ghost in your machine. Go to the light, go the light....I hope that helped!

17. Xyenz Fyxion

Xyenz Fyxion Producer

I wasn't being serious. I've been big on creating my own sounds lately, anyway.
    Again, I was feeling humourous. I wasn't getting a newsletter, just Zee updates from 'friends.' I'm saying that it would be simple to put a newsletter together for updates using the email addresses from paying customers' purchase orders.

And, I think I figured it out. I just did the same thing over and over until I got the desired results. I felt insane... until it worked~ And, it's Patchwork that was the issue. I can open Serum in Maschine - which I couldn't, at first either. Now, I can't access other plugs in Patchwork (standalone). Don't know why. Not really caring at the moment. I normally just use it to play with plug-ins when I don't feel like opening a full DAW.

18. Xyenz Fyxion

Xyenz Fyxion Producer

Hey, man. It sure has been. I thought I got the ghost out... But, it just crashed Studio One while I was designing a very-nicely-coming-along patch. It's my first, well it was. And, of course, it happened all so fast. I won't let it deter me from my goal of designing 25 original patches of my own. But, you know how it goes when you haven't saved your progress. It hits like Muhammad Ali.

The test is getting back up. Tomorrow~ I hope everything is well with you. I plan to be around here more, again. I'll see ya around.