Omnisphere slow only at loading/changing patches in Cubase 6.5

Discussion in 'Software' started by Utada Hikaru, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Utada Hikaru

Utada Hikaru Producer

Hi. I have a problem with Omnisphere 2.5 .
    I have W10, when I open Omnisphere in my DAW (Cubase 6.5) takes like 20 seg to show, then when I select a patch takes 10 seg to load while the screen is freezed, doesn't matter if it is a very simple or complex patch, it always takes the same amount of time, but the sounds are loaded at normal speed (I can start playing the sounds with my keyboard when the screen is freezed).

But when I open the standalone version of Omni, everything loads at normal speed, no problem here.
    I even opened Omnisphere in Cubase 5 with Jbridge (because version 2.5 is only 64 bits) and there opens without any problem.

I already instaled the very last update of Omni (2.5.1d), I have run Cubase as administrator, I have changed the compatibility modes (W8, W7), I have updated my GeForce drivers, I have done everything that has been said in this other post: "How to Improve Omnisphere's Loading Time and Performance (Windows)" but nothing so far have fixed the issue.

Any ideas?

3. Utada Hikaru

Utada Hikaru Producer

Best Answer
    I just found the solution, I just needed to select the option "Update information of plugins".
    Sorry for the opened thread, I was starting to believe that I tried everything possible so far but turns out it was just a single step in the DAW, that explains why Omnisphere was slow just in Cubase 6.5 and not in any other place. I hope it works for somebody else.

4. kidstretch

kidstretch Member

I have the exact same problem, but with Studio One Pro 4, unfortunately didn't find a solution.

5. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

There is a recent update and many members said that it solved the slow presets loading ....

6. kidstretch

kidstretch Member

Thanks for the info, let's hope the next sister site update solves it, It's a great synth.