omnisphere questions and answers

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by SillySausage, Jun 21, 2015.

1. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

3. The-RoBoT

The-RoBoT Rock Star

Could be worse, imagine if Reason 8 was out in the wild :rofl:

4. Davey Jones

Davey Jones Producer

Question: I'm on Mac and I'm missing a lot of presets and getting a lot of loading errors. Could that be a corrupted .iso issue or a soundsource/patches update issue?

5. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

it could be,

install omnisphere2 / run updater / run trilian updater if already installed / run moog tribute updater if already installed

ensure you have admin permissions on a mac to install, install everything to their default locations

check here for iso file sizes and to confirm checksums are correct in case you do have a corrupt iso disk http://audiosex.pro/index.php?/topic/19436-omnisphere-2-iso-filesizes-and-md5/

6. Davey Jones

Davey Jones Producer

Thanks for your reply, Sir. I will verify.

7. Thankful

Thankful Rock Star

New question:
    Win 8.1/64
    Installation of all seemed to go well, ran the updater. All the sounds, multis and patches appear in the soft but I hear no sound at all and the error message about missing patches and please refresh sound source browser, which I think I've done correctly.

When I launch Omni, there is a diagnostic button on the left, when i click it it says:
    Number of factory soundsources=0
    Total size of factory soundsources DBs=0
    Number of factory patches=7,542
    Total size of factory patch DBs=251,021,394

Steam folder is D:\STEAM

I might have part of the answer to this if I tell you that created the STEAM folder on my partition D drive and pointed the installation of the sounds to there. The installation asked if I already had a folder named Steam (which is the way I ran Omni 1, from my D partition), so I created a new folder in D called STEAM. Could it be that the VST is not able to find the sounds in the STEAM folder in the D drive? And could this also be the reason that the updater was not applied to the right place? If so, how could I tell the VST where the STEAM folder is? My STEAM folder in my D drive goes STEAM > two folders: Omnisphere and STEAM. Should I take those two folders out of the first STEAM folder?

Any ideas anyone please?

8. Krypton85

Krypton85 Ultrasonic

Look into your STEAM-Folder. If there is another "STEAM" folder with omnisphere contents in it, copy those to the root "STEAM" folder and overwrite the contents in it.

My setup was:

D:\STEAM\Omnisphere\STEAM\Omnisphere

I changed it to:

D:\STEAM\Omnisphere

Omnisphere was looking at D:\STEAM\Omnisphere for its data and could'nt find it because the installer did what it did and created another STEAM\Omnisphere into the existing STEAM folder. This was a bit misleading for me and the program itself i guess. ;)

After running diagnostics again everything looks good and the patches & sound sources are there and there is sound when you play omnisphere2.

Hope this helps.

9. Thankful

Thankful Rock Star

That's it! I overwrote the root STEAM with the STEAM folder that was inside, and it it did the trick, working like a charm now. Thanks mate :grooves:

10. Krypton85

Krypton85 Ultrasonic

My pleasure. Glad I could help.

11. Davey Jones

Davey Jones Producer

On Mac, I had to re-DL disc 7 and 8, then open with Keka to avoid corruption. Then do the appropriated steps. Now I have no errors loading new patches. I used Unnarchiver previously and it would unrar a corrupted .iso which had missing content.

Thanks for the help and the patience with my Omni issues.