Omnisphere + patches loading slow in Ableton 10

Discussion in 'Software' started by One Reason, Feb 26, 2019.

Tags:
  1. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

As the title suggests, Im looking for the reason why my Omnisphere loads slow in Ableton and loads patches excessively slow to the point of 'not responding " for a few secs.

In Studio One 4, Reaper, Bitwoggy, Omnisphere runs normally.

Ive checked the other threads and tried suggested solutions, like uninstalling keyscape.. even moved my excessive amount of third party libs and presets.. to no avail.

The problem is in Live 10 only.. and yes, I have deleted lives pref. file and even reinstalled Live 10

Currently running WIn 10 X64, Core i7-6700K, 32gb ram, Samsung SSD HD (Root) and latest Omnisphere everything.

At my wits end... I cant justify switching Daws just to use Omnisphere but im certainly starting to think about it as its by FAR my favorite synth and im really missing it in my music.

Just doesnt make any sense at all that the problem only exists in Live. :sad:

3. Lizzy

Lizzy Ultrasonic

Dunno if my fix will solve it but...I had this problem a few days ago...I blocked Ableton Live with a firewall...and Omnisphere would barely load anything....unblocked Ableton..now its working flawlessly

4. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Thanks for your reply Lizzie... unfortunately, even tho yes I had it blocked, unblocking it made no diff.:sad:

5. Lizzy

Lizzy Ultrasonic

One more thing I remembered troubleshooting this...I changed the DPI settings for the Ableton Live.exe..right click.. properties..compatibility..and I selected the "Program DPI" setting...dunno but its worth a shot :yes:

6. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

alright.. Ill give that a try too...

what kind of music do you make Lizzie?

7. Lizzy

Lizzy Ultrasonic

Hope something works I struggled for 2 hours with that problem...I do a little bit of everything...hip hop...soul..jazz..alternative rock..orchestral....what about you?

8. GammaStar

GammaStar Platinum Record

Disable "Abletonindex.exe" wit "processLasso" fiddly but may help. :wink:

9. reliefsan

reliefsan Audiosexual

Same issue here with live10 and omnisphere. its been going on for quite some time, and havent found a solution or workaround yet. Miss using Omnisphere alot.

Fingers crossed that this thread will renew hope to change that

10. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

@One Reason and @reliefsan try the following:

1. Open Omnisphere 2 go to SYSTEM and turn off Switch to layer upon activation

2. Open Ableton and switch off Multicore/MultiCPU in Settings-----CPU.

Edit: These 2 tips are independent from each other.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

I guess you had to write the confirmation code? If so you have to reinstall software one more time and just patch it. If Omisphere ask for confirmation code again write it and, try reinstalling one more time. Do this until Omnisphere don't ask for a confirmation code. This slow sluggish issue is caused by some kind of conflict in the registration process. You should ONLY have to patch the plugins for it to work properly. I had the same problem in Ableton. (Remember to patch all plugin places every time you reinstall software)

12. reliefsan

reliefsan Audiosexual

Wuha!
    Thank You so much !! That made the trick. Now it loads patches "normal speed" at it doesn't go into "not responding" everytime its loading a new patch.

Thanks again!!

If anyone has more issues, there is another great thread about it here https://audiosex.pro/threads/how-to-improve-omnispheres-loading-time-and-performance-windows.38416/

13. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Glad I was able to help you with my suggestion. Those 2 suggestions are what generally fixes the loading issues in Omnisphere within Ableton Live. Hopefully, it will benefit the OP, too.

14. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

hmm my Switch to layer upon activation is on, and you cannot switch off/on multicore in Ableton anymore.

15. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

I know OP uses 10 but as I said, those 2 suggestions seem to solve Omnisphere loading time issues in Ableton Live. Nothing to do with registration there. If it was registration conflict, the problem will repeat in other DAWS. The OP stated that "the problem only exists in Live." Since not everyone uses the latest version of Live, switching off multicore may benefit some users.

If your Switch to layer upon activation is on and you have no issues, leave it on. If you have problems switch it off. What do you want me to tell you? :dunno: Those 2 tips are independent from each other. You don't have to utilize both.

16. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

My problem was the registration issue. I guess that slow and sluggish thing can have different reasons. Maybe your suggestion about that Switch thing would have solved my problem too, I guess I never know :rofl:

17. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Well, I'll be damned.. turning off High DPI scaling Override seems to have done the trick...

Thanks Lizzie for steering me in right direction, something I would never have thought of.

As far as what kind of music do I do? well, haha.. Not much recently, too busy working on Audio GUI's for various clients but I guess Alternative, Pop, EDM.. when I have time.. and now that I have Omni back.. maybe its time to fire it up again!

Thanks for being a lifesaver on this! and Thanks to everyone else, hope others can benefit from you guys input as well!

18. Lizzy

Lizzy Ultrasonic

Fire it up! :bleh: :winker: glad you got it sorted..I know I breathed a sigh of relief getting Omni back...Audio GUI design sounds very interesting...I wish I were better at graphic design in general but there's just not enough time in a day.

19. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

U should invest in some longer days... move to Alaska... lol

Do u do some graphic design work? Ive been doing all the UIs for Studiolinked.com Audiothing.net Beatskillz.com and tone empire since they all started years ago.. as well as various other interface jobs for other companies along the way.. I typically work from wake up to sleep.. so very little time left for music unfortunately..

Heres an old video of me and my bro doing an original song.. what genre it is.. fook knows.. lol

and NO.. im not wearing boxers... lol.. :chilling::hillbilly:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  20. Lizzy

Lizzy Ultrasonic

I need to create 5 of me, then I would get into graphic design :bleh: ..no graphic work for me...I predominantly mix albums for others, but I have messed around and made my own album which I would like to release at some point after it gets mixed and glossed up...I also repair and build computers..so I usually super stay busy, but I strive to make time for music regardless otherwise I think i'd go crazy.

That's an impressive portfolio you got there and I loved the song!! LOL @ the boxers :rofl:
    Very creative..very mellow...diggin' it. On my third listen...you both definitely need to keep at this :winker:.

21. moffdnb

moffdnb Newbie

Hi all,

Just updated to 2.6.1c (Win 8.1) and OMNI has become very sluggish. I have tried the fixes listed here (though DPI not quite the same in Win8.1). Wondering has anyone any other ideas since this post?

Works very well in Stand alone but disaster in Ableton. (Slows ABE even when not in project)
    Or since v2.3.1, is there any general consensus on the best performing previous updates?

Also:
    Just updated not to latest 2.1.3c. No luck.

Many thanks

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020