Omnisphere M3 mac installation help :c

Discussion in 'Software' started by Alicia H, Jul 26, 2024 at 4:05 PM.

Tags:
  1. Alicia H

Alicia H Newbie

Hello!
    I am new to this forum. I have searched previous threads but no success implementing solutions.
    I'm trying to install omnisphere (trilian, moog, keyscape etc) library on m3 max macbook.

I have Omnisphere ISO and I followed the steps in other sites to install it. Some sounds work, but most give error "Cannot load soundsource. <sound> not found" I have tried changing permissions, and deleting zmap index files and refreshing browser but no success. It is even more frustrating with Keyscape library because 0 sounds/patches work.

I have 'Omnisphere 2.8.6c* arm' version and patches were 2.6 something until I uninstalled them now. Can someone please help me out?

I have macbook pro m3 max Sonoma 14.5

3. DiRG3

DiRG3 Kapellmeister

I'm not on Mac but I always keep the 2.6.0 software version of Omnisphere because it's the only one that actually creates the zmap files the way it's supposed to in my experience, id try reinstalling and activating that version (you might need to do it under Rosetta, since you're on ARM), refresh the soundsource browser, go check in the folders of those soundsources for newly created zmap files, then reinstall the newest version. That should solve the problem. I've had to do this dance like 6 separate times on Windows when Omni would just decide the zmap wasn't right. Lol. I hope you get this working OP

4. Alicia H

Alicia H Newbie

I will try that and report back. Thank you, friend!

5. omiac

omiac Moderator Staff Member

"Discussing warez (by name alone) is fine. Mentioning AudioZ and/or linking to AudioZ home page is also allowed. However, requesting warez and/or linking directly to a warez post (including pages at AudioZ, free or otherwise), warez download or 3rd party warez site is not allowed."

6. MORiA

MORiA Ultrasonic

Spectrasonics Omnisphere v285f Win Mac MORiA