Omnisphere installation - no option to change location

Discussion in 'Software' started by Matthew Steele, Dec 28, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Matthew Steele

Matthew Steele Newbie

I’ve been attempting to download Omnisphere and have came across some problems. I am on Mac and I'm downloading Omnisphere by USB. I've gotten as far as the preparation stage of downloading but when asked to download the large sound files i accidentally clicked continue instead of saving to my external drive. I was told there wasn’t enough space (which there isn’t) but when i went back to try change the location that option wasn’t there and i could only download it to the steam folder in application support. I went ahead with it anyway, hoping that i had done it correctly and carried step 2 which was downloading the data updater. The vst itself runs fine in logic however when ever I try to use any sounds nothing happens and i get a message that reads “error loading waveform”. Any help would be much appreciated.

3. Lowry

Lowry Member

have you downloaded the full 50+GB in sounds? if so just uninstall and go again... sounds to me you didn't download the sounds.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

First thing is you need to refresh browser and check how big is your steam folder. Also, run diagnostic take screen shot and post it. It always help if you let us know which version, soundsources, patches, etc you have. Rule of thumb is to have the latest updates with Omnisphere.