Omnisphere help

Discussion in 'Software' started by Philoso, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Philoso

Philoso Noisemaker

Ok I'm kind of scared here. I went and tried to update my Omnisphere 1 I have been using for years. It is one of my favorite VSTs and would be devastated if i lost it. I had Trilian, Trilogy, Moog, Bass Legends, etc and now nothing works. Everything shows up but I get errors every time i try to load something in Cubase. I have no idea how i can reverse this now or fix it so all my old libraries plus Omnipshere 2 will work. Any help would be much appreciated.
    thanks

3. Philoso

Philoso Noisemaker

I'm getting Error Loading Waveform messsages. and messages about soundsources....Damn I wish i never messed with this. I had the original AIR version of Omnisphere 1. If anyone could help me fix this I would really appreciate it. I'm totally lost on which move I need to make next.

4. Infidel

Infidel Producer

I think that was the error I got that made me go buy it.

5. e-minor

e-minor Platinum Record

Did you take a backup?

6. Philoso

Philoso Noisemaker

Ehh I found the old AIR .dll but now the new 2.0 update is all mangled in with the old 1.5.7 version. I just had to do some searching Audioz no longer has links to the Omnisphere 2 DVDs it seems. I need to DL all 8 CDs do the Trilian/Moog fix, update etc. Then i think everything should work.

7. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

Have you tried doing a system restore?

8. Vaijj

Vaijj Platinum Record

Best Answer
    I would go and install the update. I know many have issues installing Omni2 cuase of the diffrent version floating around. But if have the right version then you are fine. Thing is, and im not beeing bully here is that problems are mostly because people dont look or know where they have their install prior to an update etc. In this case, keep track on where you install the files. Simpler if you do a clean install of onmi2. if not you need to know where you have the former installation or you end up with a real mess. You should only have one STEAM folder if not installed on a external drive. Then you have a shorcut somewhere depending on what OS and system you use. Notice that its just a shortcut and not the main STEAM folder. For placements of .dll files etc you go should know where you have them. Can be a little confusing if not since in the shortcut folder you may have some aswell but you need to patch them later on its vital that you know what to patch. Or patch all if you want.

Thing is, since im a legit user i cant really tell for sure if anything has changed since it came out but i remember that many legit users also had the same problem when they updated casue they didnt keep track of their installs. But start by finding the right version to install, full one and you will be just as happy as before your little setback and now worries.

Be safe and good luck..
    Vaijj

9. Philoso

Philoso Noisemaker

Thanks man, Yeah I did it so long ago. I went through that whole process of making a shortcut etc. I really can't remember what I did now. I see a steam folder on my External and my main drive, etc. I always save all my important DL's too and was expecting to find all my spectrasonic stuff the only thing i found was old school Trilogy so I'm not sure what happened. I'm just going to do what you said and start over with a fresh Omnishphere 2 install. I've already started downloading all 8 Virt DVDs, updates, sources, all the stuff i need. I'm thinking of actually buying it soon as i get enough cash. It's one of my favorites synths. Thanks