Omnisphere/ external hard drive

Discussion in 'Software' started by Samari McCloud, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Samari McCloud

Samari McCloud Newbie

I’m having issues with downloaded vsts when downloading to my external hard drive. I know it has something to do with folder placement. Lack of folders in application support? Any advice is appreciated greatly.

3. Ztriumph

Ztriumph Newbie

when loading omnisphere it should ask you where your steam folder is. I have no problem running omnisphere from my external. Vst is still located in my vst folder..

4. DJK

DJK Rock Star

Always say what os you are on, pc or mac

5. Samari McCloud

Samari McCloud Newbie

Currently in the installation process for version 2.6 on mac os 10.13. Once i extract the rar file file from parts 1-15 what do i do??

6. Samari McCloud

Samari McCloud Newbie

Im currently unable to change the read/write permissions of the steam folder in order to create an alias. Any way to fix this? runnung mac os 10.13

7. OCD

OCD Member

Open the root folder of the external drive you have your steam folder on. Make sure Read & Write permission is applied, and hit the drop down menu and apply to enclosed items. Create an alias to the STEAM folder. Place that alias in the correct location as illustrated below. Restart just to be safe. Load Omni in DAW, confirm STEAM folder location upon first launch. Good to go.

Edit: Spectrasonics suggests dragging Steam folder to desktop to create shortcut. I did not do that nor find it necessary, but you can try it if the normal alias creation does not work for you.

Attached Files:

8. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

In case you mean your permissions issue is in the user/library folders you may have to change permissions for both of these folders temporarily. Do not select apply to all enclosed folders though. Do each one separately as needed, otherwise batch changing all your system folder permissions will cause your OS to lock up, you'd have to reinstall OS in that situation... I think you have to add/enable your username and admin permissions to work.

9. Samari McCloud

Samari McCloud Newbie

The steam folder is in the spectrasonics folder when i mount the iso. The permissions are all read/ write except for the iso. and all folders from it and im unable to change it.

Attached Files: