Omnisphere "Data properties file not found"

Discussion in 'Omnisphere' started by blb2011, Jun 29, 2020.

1. blb2011

blb2011 Newbie

Hello,
    I just purchased Omnisphere and am having some difficulties downloading it. I downloaded all the sounds and everything however, when I open the application I get this message: ""Data properties file not found for Omnisphere. A possible explanation is that the installation was not completed properly (Omnisphere patch data needs to be upgraded to version 2; review installation procedure and install the version 2 data)." I have tried re-installing it but since I already installed the sounds it says my computer doesn't have enough space. I have tried moving the sounds to an external hard drive to create space on my computer but then it says it can't find the required data. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

3. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

Something i found regarding this:
    If you change the case of letters in folder names you may encounter this error.
    So, for example, if you change to uppercase "s" ( "OmniSphere" ) you will get this error.

I consider this a bug, because i can't see what it has to do with a "Data properties file".
    I don't know what the "Data Properties File" is and i can find no information on any "Data Properties file".

4. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

I would hope they already sorted it in the last 9 months.

5. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

Me too, but in searching for this problem this thread was at the top of the list in my results for this site.