Omnisphere Can't Find Steam [Solved]

Discussion in 'PC' started by KrovosOfficial, Mar 10, 2014.

1. KrovosOfficial

KrovosOfficial Newbie

So I installed Omnisphere 1.0 from the six disks that can be found on piratebay, installed the patches and updates, giving me a working plugin. The library that comes with it isn't very extensive, so I donwnloaded the 1.5.6d repack libary. At one point I had a full working library, but now Omnisphere can't seem to locate anything. I have my plugin saved in the recognized folder for my DAW and the STEAM folder saved in C:\Program Files\Spectrasonics\. Why won't Omnisphere recognize this new library in the folder that is assigned to it? I've tried re installing several times and nothing seems to work.

3. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

usually you just open the plugin in your daw and it will ask you to locate the stream folder but sometimes that doesn't work but there is a program that fixes this issue just can't remember what it was called?

after further inspection all you have to do is :
    go here to your library location
    S:\Spectrasonic Library\STEAM\Omnisphere\Soundsources\Factory\Core Library

and delete the zmap.index, Load Omnisphere again locate the library location and wait 10 min or fo for it to rebuild it's database

4. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ KrovosOfficial,

Maybe the following procedures can help you now, or in a future, if you plan to move your 'Omnisphere' Library to free up a bit your HD...

How do I move the Omnisphere 'STEAM' folder to another location after installation ?

After installation, you can easily move the large STEAM directory containing all the sound files to a secondary drive if you wish to free up space on your original installation drive.

*** These are the procedures for WIN PC as your question is posted under the 'PC' Section ***

MOVING THE STEAM DIRECTORY AFTER INSTALLATION :

• Drag or copy the STEAM folder from your installation drive (C:Program FilesSpectrasonics) to the hard drive location of your choice.

This can be another drive partition, a secondary internal drive or an external hard drive such as a Firewire or USB2 hard drive, etc.

• Next, right-click the SAGE folder in the new location to create a “Shortcut To STEAM”.

• Next, copy the shortcut to C:Program FilesSpectrasonics.

• Finally, make certain to remove the “Shortcut To ” from the name (including removing the spaces), leaving the folder shortcut named STEAM

_______________________________________​

In case that you also use 'MAC OSX', the following procedures are these used for the MACs :

MOVING THE STEAM DIRECTORY AFTER INSTALLATION

• Drag or copy the STEAM folder from your installation drive

(For Example: Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Spectrasonics)

to the hard drive location of your choice. This can be another drive partition, a secondary internal drive or an external hard drive such as a Firewire or USB2 hard drive, etc.

• Next, hold (Apple key and Option key) on the keyboard, click and drag the STEAM folder to the desktop to create an alias of the folder named STEAM.

• Next, move the STEAM alias from the desktop to Macintosh HD/Users/Username/Library/Application Support/Spectrasonics

Hope it can help you in some way and Good Luck ! :wink:

5. Dalmation

Dalmation Kapellmeister

I downloaded all the Omnisphere base+updates but haven't installed yet.

I thought Steamwas an online client-server system.
    Does an install of Omnisphere need to have access online to Steam, to function properly?

6. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

7. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

Steam FOLDER is where all the Omnisphere audio files live

8. KrovosOfficial

KrovosOfficial Newbie

Unfortunately, even after deleting that file, it still doesn't prompt me to look for the library. Instead, all I received was this message.
    http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p155/WINGChris136/refresh_zpsfadda927.jpg

9. KrovosOfficial

KrovosOfficial Newbie

I figured it out! Wherever I had to apply the update is where I had to save the library. Thanks guys!

10. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

Cool, Thanks for the update.

11. marks2320

marks2320 Newbie

"I figured it out! Wherever I had to apply the update is where I had to save the library. Thanks guys!"

you can explain to me exactly how did you do it?