Omnisphere 2 Update - missing sound names

Discussion in 'Omnisphere' started by The Hitman, Oct 3, 2020.

Tags:
  1. The Hitman

The Hitman Newbie

Hello everyone,

through the search options i havent found my specific problem with omnisphere 2. Maybe someone can help me out.

So i have updated to the latest version. Patch, Soundsource and Software. I have patched the existing two omnisphere.dll files. Now when i open Omnisphere i can see the interface and everything looks fine but there are no sound and/or library names. If i click a sound where they normally are i can play and hear them but the soundnames and librarynames are missing. Could somenone help me out ?

thanks in advance.

3. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

Add more info in case no one knows what this problem is right away, such as :
    Operating System
    Video card (or on-board) (don't know if that matters, but since it is a graphical thing ... update drivers if it's no big deal.)
    If on Windows 7, I find this on Spectrasonics page:
    Omnisphere Missing Patch Names (On Windows 7)
    If you’re on Windows 7 and do not see any patch names (see example below), then follow the steps in this article.

NOTE: Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft. The issue in this article is an issue specifically related to Windows 7 and the fix for this issue relies on an update provided by Microsoft.

This issue is caused by a font that is installed in a specific Platform update for Windows SP1. Please go through each step below to install the Platform update:

1.) Click here to access the Platform Update page.

2.) Click on the large red "DOWNLOAD" button under the "Platform Update for Windows 7" header text.

4. The Hitman

The Hitman Newbie

THANK YOU !!!!!!!! That was the solution for the problem. I run win7 offline. Now Omnisphere runs. Thank you very very very much.