Omnisphere 2 problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by basement, Jun 6, 2018.

1. basement

basement Newbie

Hi,
    I have two strange problems with Omnisphere: I have two computers (iMac and mbp) with the same os (el capitan) and Live 9 and 10.
    1) On the iMac I've Omnisphere version 2.0.3d 64 bit and everything seems working well BUT on the laptop Omnisphere doesn't work in VST mode. I mean I can see just AU version and no VST. The version is the 2.4.0h and even if I tried to downgrade to the same version of the iMac it still don't let me work with VST (just AU). The problem is I have some projects I made previously with vst and so I can not work on them on the laptop because ableton says there is no vst. Any idea for this strange thing?

2) The other issue is about some patches I saved from a previous computer I had. Now even if I put them in the right 'user folder' they don't appear in the patch lists of the AU version of Omni on the laptop. Maybe I made them with the VST version so could it be possible that AU don't see them? I tried to open them manually but I can't. In this way they are lost. I also tried to re-save them with a version 2 of the software (just in case they were too old to be opened with a newer version) but nothing changed.
    I hope some of you have an idea of this!

thank you