Omnisphere 2 problem loading external presets

Discussion in 'Omnisphere' started by Kryos, Jan 21, 2023.

1. Kryos

Kryos Newbie

Hello, I'm Kevin. I have a problem with Omnisphere when I try to load external presets (not factory presets). They just don't load, it keeps in default preset. It doesn't show a pop-up error window either, just it does nothing. This includes external presets that come with the installation of the plugin. I have installed Omnisphere 2.6 from Pirate bay with a update to 2.8.2c. The problem was in both versions (old, and new). The plugin has the same problem when I try to load a multi, but in this case a pop-up appears that shows another location of my steam folder, something like: "F:/<username>/Spectrasonics/STEAM". And I don't have my steam folder in there. I think it's probably because this steam folder was formerly on another hard drive (the location that pop-up shows is where my steam folder was before) and I moved it to the default location after that, but I don't know how to set it up to change that location. It should also be made clear that in the initial screen of the plugin, it says that my steam folder is where I have it now, so I don't know what I could do. I hope someone can help me. Thank you.

3. DiRG3

DiRG3 Kapellmeister

Best Answer
    I've experienced this a bunch of times and its usually the zmap.index file in your soundsources folder. Its corrupted or just plainly not working. I've found reverting to 2.6 (2.6 seems to be the only version that can reliably generate a working zmap.index file for me), and deleting said index file and running the refresh browser function in the soundsources menu tends to be the only fix. Definitely worth a try, tho it is quite annoying and tedious.

4. Kryos

Kryos Newbie

Damn this really works for me. But in my case I had to delete all prt.omn.index file in each patches folders and wait omnisphere creates them again

5. DiRG3

DiRG3 Kapellmeister

Glad to help man! Yeah it's an issue i've ran into countless times with Omni. Its a fantastic instrument when it works but when it doesn't holy shit its a pain in the ass. lmfao