Omnisphere 2 PITA (latency issue on start-up )

Discussion in 'Software' started by superliquidsunshine, Feb 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Just bought this sexy thing last week and am really loving it. I am awed by this thing and though I have had a nasty flu with a sore throat and fever have tried to spend a little time with it to see what she is all about. There is this one niggling pain in the butt and I cannot figure out how to rectify it...every time I open up a fresh instance there is like a 500ms latency that will not go away until I initialize the whole macro. Just initializing the patch doesn'the work. What is going on with that and is this something any of you have had the displeasure of working around? I have an i7 3700 with 16gigs of RAM and the library is on its own external WD 500gig drive. The DAW is FL Studio 12.2. Thanks in advance.

PS I was able to buy the newer thumb drive version for chf369 which translates to almost equivalent to Dollars, so if someone wants me to pick it up for them I can mail it to you when I am back in the States early April:wink:. I have only seen it for a over 450 dollars, so....

3. JudoLudo

JudoLudo Kapellmeister

yeah me too, I have an unreal latency in Omnisphere 2 every time I try to click on something I did never click up since initializing my session. I mean: I open O2 (and it takes ages to open), then I go to "Multi" tab and I have Latency; I go to "Part 3" tab and I have latency; but then I got to "Multi" again and I have not latency, so it is latency only the first time you click on a tab. BUT, this repeats itself every time you load a new multi, or close and reopen the GUI... is it the same thing you're talking about?

4. I think we're talking about the same thing. I guess the logical thing is to head on over to Spectrasonics and ask over there. I'm kind of glad that I'm not the only one.

5. JudoLudo

JudoLudo Kapellmeister

and...?

6. SmokerNzt

SmokerNzt Rock Star

just go and buy Intel SSD 750 Series PCIe , and your pc will be boosted
    so much that you will be the most happy man

7. Funny, the last two times I opened up Omnisphere it was fine...go figure!