Omnisphere 2 error "Cannot load soundsource"...

Discussion in 'Software' started by vpmitchell, Oct 22, 2017.

1. vpmitchell

vpmitchell Noisemaker

Running the latest release of Omnisphere 2 and i get these errors

"Cannot load soundsource "NAME OF PATCH" in Directory "Core Library". Try refreshing in Browser"

Wich i did...no success.

Also get this error "error loading waveform" from time to time...

Tried erasing Zmap...didnt work either.

Any clues?

VP

PS: Host is Ableton Live 9.7.3

3. black bounty

black bounty Platinum Record

re-install the soundset if it's a third party

otherwise, you may have to re-install your steam folder (saying you've made a backup)

I've had these errors too a few years ago after migrating the steam folder, files can also get corrupted on physical hard-drives (the "error loading waveform)

host doesn't matter regarding this issue

4. vpmitchell

vpmitchell Noisemaker

Ouch! You sure theyre are no other way? I dont have the original files anymore...ill have to download the whole lot again... :(

5. black bounty

black bounty Platinum Record

well, try an update maybe.
    I've had a lot of these issues, which doesn't happen anymore after my updates to the latest version
    but I had to backup the steam folder due to a hard drive failure before that.

I know it looks like a waste of money, but it's always good to have a backup of the main libraries and VST we use, just in case.

good luck

:mates:

6. thecow

thecow Guest

Answered you there (AN) already,
    -verify the structure of your steam folder.
    -verify you got latest omnisphere updates (particularly latest soundsource for your case = 2.0.1c).
    -And then in Omnisphere, refresh patches, multis and soundsources, in their respective browser: Hit the little "circular arrow" button on the left of play button. Try again once finished, quite sure refreshing soundsources in soundsource browser will fix it. ;)

You said you did...but, are you 100% sure you refreshed soundsources (and not just patches) ?
    There is 3 browsers : patch browser, multi browser AND soundsources browser = click the little window under oscillator in either A or B Tab of loaded patch.

And finally just a wild guess and doubt it, but could it be a permission issue again (check properties/security) of your steam folder?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Lazybones

Lazybones Member

Omnisphere won't load any patches, give you zmap corruption or sound source not found if you don't have the full complete 60gb steam content. The hd I originally archived mine on got trashed. Mine's legit so I pay them 10 bucks to download the whole shebang

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  8. vpmitchell

vpmitchell Noisemaker

the cow : i refreshed the three browsers as suggested...same errors.

https://imgur.com/a/2AWvz ( photos of the browsers )

Here is the image of the error : https://imgur.com/a/U90Yg

Lazybones, my STEAM folder is 77.9 GB, the structure appears to be normal, nothing has changed.

I had a windows 7 machine, before. Migrated to Windows 10. Kept all my VSTi's on another drive. Reinstalled everything.
    Trillian is working fine, Stylus RMX too. Just Omnisphere 2 gives me this problem.

I have all the latest releases of Omnisphere 2, heres a picture : https://imgur.com/a/Mnz02

Any other ideas? Am i missing something?

9. BurnerPhone

BurnerPhone Newbie

Hey VP i signed up here just so I could comment, I'm having the same exact issue. I think it has something to do with the .db files in the steam folder but idk where to get them. When I mount all the disks

Disk A = 7.15gb
    Disk B = 7.02gb
    Disk C = 7.31gb
    Disk D = 7.07gb
    Disk E = 6.93gb
    Disk F =6.43gb
    Disk G = 7.15gb
    Disk H = 6.91gb

can anyone confirm if this correct or is my DL corrupt

10. vpmitchell

vpmitchell Noisemaker

i think i have to re download the whole damn thing again..and re install.....sighhhhh

Oh well...

11. michelericci1992

michelericci1992 Newbie

help me! i am desperate please

Attached Files:

12. michelericci1992

michelericci1992 Newbie

Help me please I've been asking for help for a lot of days

13. David Khochay

David Khochay Newbie

So when you were installing you had to select the STEAM Folder, that steam folder is empty extract all the files starting with _Spectrasonics Omnisphere2d1, until the last one, dyn-somni2d8. that one by one copy the steam folders from all the extracted files into the first one you extracted the file size after should be around 55.3 GB than go to the original steam folder that you used to download Omnisphere and delete it and replace it with the 55 GB Steam folder and that relaunch what ever DAW u use and your done.

14. Hennessey

Hennessey Platinum Record

Solved...

GO Data\Spectrasonics\STEAM\Omnisphere\Soundsources\Factory\Core Library and delete zmap index. After that apply soundsorce update no mather what version ,the load Omni ,Keyscape ,and it will make zmap.index for your database... I am strugiling for 5hours,ifound a sollution.

15. Ovi kairyon

Ovi kairyon Newbie

I tried this multiple times and it still did't work. I tried it with the 8 discs in the steam folder and without and still no sound. Am I doing something wrong? Probably but what?

16. Ovi kairyon

Ovi kairyon Newbie

I have the omni .dll on Drive C otherwise i can´t pull it up on FL and i have the rest of the files like the STEAM folders ad the 8 ISO discs on Drive D because before i downloaded omni i only had 30 gb on drive c which isnt enough since the discs themselves are 6-7 gb (around 56 gb put together). Another thing is, when I try opening the iso discs, it asks me to insert an empty disc and i dont have one at the moment. what do I do? I have tried deleting the zmap.index and running the data installer with the discs but still no sound coming off of omni.

17. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

are you on pc? What is the error message you getting? If you are getting the insert the disc error you have probably change the name on the Drive D. Changing the Drive letter back to the one you had (Disk Manager) before the error message will solve the problem. Do you remember the Drive letter you had when you installed the Steam folder? This is different error than the "Cannot load soundsource" which is zmap.index related

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  18. Hennessey

Hennessey Platinum Record

Check your folder structure first, then if you dont have a link to steam folder make it, then do what i told above. So to make link to folder, RIGHT CLICK ON STEAM FOLDER AND CREATE SHORTCUT, THEN COPY THAT SHORTCUT TO C PROGRAM DATA SPECRASONICS FOLDER. I hope this will help you,.

19. lewis oliver

lewis oliver Guest

I just made an account to thank this guy. Thanks bro

20. thebluprnt

thebluprnt Newbie

CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME... I am frustrated and want to throw my computer away. I have Omnisphere 2 and Keyscape, but for the love of me I cannot get my keyscape creative to load any sounds. Please I am lost. upload_2019-6-22_16-41-10.png

21. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

how big is the Keyscape folder inside the Steam folder? Mine is 72GB