Omnisphere 2 and FL Studio sudden distorted loud noise!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ayc, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Ayc

Ayc Ultrasonic

I was making music suddenly a super loud distorted noise almost blow my right headphone driver and eardrum, it never happened to me (i installed omnispere 2.6.1 one month ago).
    I had like 3 omnispher in the project and all was woking fine but the problem appeared when i open a new omnisphere and select a new patch.

So now i'm worry that noise is goin to come up again and blow my ears :woot:

here is a video (whithout audio) so you can see whats happen in the project.

(i've tried a lot of things to solve it, fix buffer size, audio interface settings, assio4all settings,etc)

3. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Noisemaker

Yo Ayc, does this only happen in this specific project or is it happening everytime you have multiple instances of omnisphere running?

4. Unirorm

Unirorm Producer

First of all you don't need 3 omnisphere instances.
    You can use one and add Midi out to route them.

Do you maybe use sonarworks?
    Can you reproduce the noise?

5. Ayc

Ayc Ultrasonic

This only happen in this specific project, but this is my second project using omnisphere so I haven't used it enough to tell and i don't wanna be exposed to that noise again.

6. Ayc

Ayc Ultrasonic

What is the advantage of use only one instance? cpu usage? it feels less flexible, maybe i just have to get used to it.

I do use sonarworks but the noise is with and without it.

7. Unirorm

Unirorm Producer

It a lot faster actually, and you can group effects, you just have to assign each output channel to a mixer channel and each midi out to appropriate midi channel.
    There are many videos for that. Once you do it you can save it as template so this way is like having 8 omnispheres ready when you open FL.

You will see a great improvement on CPU and stability.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. wuzzle

wuzzle Platinum Record

Lesser Galactic Co-ordinates: Earth (0.0.0)
    One can also use a VST on master like NuGen Audio's SigMod or Ice9 from Cerberus to protect against these sorts of blasts.

9. Ayc

Ayc Ultrasonic

I think i figured it out, the problem is when 2 omnisphere with the same preset play at the same time. This happen (as far is i've tried) just with the Liquid Presets (added in the 2.5 uptdate i think).

it'd be great if someone could try to put 2 omnisphere playing the same thing at the same time with Liquid Tones Preset (if you do so remember to lower your monitors volume).

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  10. wuzzle

wuzzle Platinum Record

Lesser Galactic Co-ordinates: Earth (0.0.0)
    Just tried it in Bitwig 3.12, with two instances of Omnisphere 2.6.2c and it playing the same notes with that preset. It does indeed create a blast of noise.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  11. VolkovV

VolkovV Ultrasonic

12. VolkovV

VolkovV Ultrasonic

the same DAW and no special problems ...perhaps it's the previous FL patterns or the Omnisphere version ...

13. Ayc

Ayc Ultrasonic

Did you use the Liquid Tones Preset in both instances? because with that specific preset the loud noise appears, not with all presets.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
  14. VolkovV

VolkovV Ultrasonic

Liquid Tones Preset needs adjustment ( in FX in AUX in Pro-Verb)...Time ( in PRO-Verb) from 11774 ms I think it is necessary to rearrange about 1414 ms ...this removes the noise in this case for me