Omnisphere 2.8 for Mac: Error Loading Waveform

Discussion in 'Omnisphere' started by Bluest, Jul 10, 2022.

1. Bluest

Bluest Newbie

I deleted everything, and ready to reinstall. I can easily install Omnisphere and patch it with this Version 2 build, however, I cannot get the .iso files open. I need to install all of those for this to work; it should take 30 minutes to an hour I believe. That's what creates the STEAM soundsources folder that Omnisphere will load to make this instrument work. Can you tell me please how to get those to open so I can install them one by one? Thank you for any help. This is a standard v 2 build, so I know many of you have used it successfully. Here is the image: https://ibb.co/qrKmH8m

2. LightSound

LightSound Ultrasonic

That's enough now!!!:trolls:
    You click twice or try magic formulas:wtf:

:shalom:Forced :suicide:Holidays:chilling:

3. def12

def12 Kapellmeister

What kind or error is shown when you try to mount the iso? (Don't try to unpack them, mount them) (Google helps)

4. Bluest

Bluest Newbie

My mistake sorry, I can mount them, but it just shows two items. But I don't understand how the STEAM / soundsources is going to get installed if mounting the disks just shows me folders.

Here is a screenshot: https://ibb.co/fqXq8Vs

The installer should load each disc and build the STEAM folder as if from the installation DVDs. Right?

The instructions say mount the .iso and run the installer. I did that, but it was super fast again. It should take 30 min or more. It didn't even create a STEAM folder on my HD. Hope to hear back from you. Thank you.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2022
  5. Bluest

Bluest Newbie

I was hoping someone might have had some experience with this version 2 build. https://ibb.co/XDbHdnp I can install the application Omnisphere and open it in Logic, but it doesn't install the STEAM folder and soundsources the way an installer normally would (it takes 30 minutes or more), so Omnisphere has no soundsources when i load it in Logic. I can mount each of these .iso images, and then install Omnisphere per the instructions, but it still doesn't do anything with the STEAM folder information in the .iso files. They are like the DVDs. it's got to load them, or Omnisphere has no sounds. Any thoughts greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2022
  6. Bluest

Bluest Newbie

I have new information, maybe be somewhat helpful. I moved the STEAM folder from User library to the HD library, just to try that, and when I opened Omnisphere, it asked me “Where is the STEAM folder?” I reestablished the link and then it seemed fine, so at least we know it is seeing STEAM folder. However, it continues to tell me it won’t load soundsources. Can’t play any sounds.

7. Bluest

Bluest Newbie

Hey guys. Thank you all so much for contributing. It's finally working. Super happy, and creative now.

Tell me please, how about Keyscape? Could you pm me a link for a working download of Keyscape for Mac? I have it installed, and STEAM folder for Keyscape, but it shows me the same error I used to get with Omni. Although, in soundsources it does show that it has some. Still, makes no sound. Is there a version on Rutracker that works, for you Mac people? Thank you in advance for any help, and thanks again so much regarding Omnisphere.