Omnisphere 2.8 for Mac: Error Loading Waveform

Discussion in 'Omnisphere' started by Bluest, Jul 10, 2022.

1. Bluest

Bluest Newbie

Hello, and thank you in advance for any help. I truly can't wait to start making music with Omnisphere. As you can see from these screenshots, Omnisphere tells me I'm up to date with v 2.8. However, I get "Error Loading Waveform" with each attempt to load a patch, and when I go to Diagnostics page, it lists Number of Factory Soundsources as 0. Obviously that won't work! I was hoping someone might have run into this issue and could make a suggestion, other than writing Spectrasonics, which will take a few days. Thank you again.

https://i.ibb.co/hmZvTDW/Screen-Shot-2022-07-10-at-11-54-39-AM.png

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

Go to Diagnostics, it should say Steam Folder is = and then a valid location like /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Spectrasonics/STEAM

What does it show and does it make sense? Because it appears you have no sound sources installed for Omnisphere, like you do for Keyscape.
    Did you install the SoundSources file? It's very large and it takes quite a long time. If you did not, then run the installer for the Soundsources.

Somewhere along the line during your installation, it appears you screwed something up. Maybe you will get some more specific advice, but when I ran into an installation problem with Omnisphere on my machine; nothing worked but cleanly uninstalling and then reinstalling the entire thing.

4. Bluest

Bluest Newbie

Okay, thank you. Will do that. Tell me
    Okay, thank you, will do that. Tell me, from the screenshot link I provided, can you see if it's what you suggested? It looks like a healthy path of User>App Support>Spectra>Steam... So yes i think it makes sense. The total size of my Spectrasonics folder in that user folder is 81.04 GB, so that should do it right? Is it something where the software won't connect with or recognize all those samples?

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

Yes, if you have the content installed correctly; but that data is in a different location than where Omnisphere expects it to be; it will be problematic.

This is what your screenshot of the splash screen should show, see the second line of text down:

[​IMG]

6. LightSound

LightSound Ultrasonic

Hi Bluest,

Your Soundsources folder should be located in the following, namely:

Macintosh HD /Library/ApplicationSupport/
    Spectrasonics/STEAM/ omnisphere/ Soundsources/ Factory/ Core Library/ and here the different soundsource folders namely Composite Morphing, Distortion, Human Voices, InstrumentMultisamples, Oneshots, Phrases, Psychoacoustic, Retro, SFX and Noise, Synthesizers, Textures, Traditional and Waveforms here 13 folders for a total of 61.7 GB.
    If the folders are there, try doing an update like you just installed a new sound bank and had to save it.

7. Bluest

Bluest Newbie

Hey, thank you again for writing back. Okay, I can see mine is different from yours. Please view it here: https://ibb.co/tXNkBgB It doesn't have the Soundsources, just software and patches. So Omnisphere isn't seeing Soundsources, I assume. Should I try reinstalling? What about just copying over the Steam folder from the installer to the User folder? I wonder if there's a way to get the software to see the soundsources. They're all in place. I checked, and my list in Soundsources matches what LightSound suggested above.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2022
  8. def12

def12 Kapellmeister

You did scan for the soundsources in the browser right?
    I would also just relocate the steam-folder and see if it finds any soundsources

9. LightSound

LightSound Ultrasonic

Hi Bluest,

If your Soundsources folder is indeed on the HD in the place I indicated previously and it does not appear then update as shown in the image and if still nothing, I do not see...
    In this case, perhaps the best thing would be to redo the whole installation operation!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Click this button to refresh the display of sounds in the Browser. When moving, renaming or deleting sounds using the Finder (Mac) or Explorer (Windows), use the Refresh Button to update the Browser display.

*Depending on how many user libraries you have, the refresh process can take some time. Using Option / Alt-Refresh can be quicker, as it refreshes only the Directory that is currently selected.

Maybe by going to the Soundsources page, if you see your soundsources folders then refresh as you can for sounds and it will be saved...

10. Bluest

Bluest Newbie

All that stuff is in my User folder.

Ah, just checked the Soundsource Browser within Omnisphere as you pictured, and it shows exactly nothing. Zero sounds. So clearly, that's my issue. The sounds are all in the correct folder. Omnisphere isn't seeing them. I've tried that roundish arrow / refresh button many times, seems to do me no good. If I could only get Omnisphere to connect with the sound sources, I'd be golden.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2022
  11. def12

def12 Kapellmeister

Did you reinstall Omnisphere?

12. LightSound

LightSound Ultrasonic

Yes if your Soundsources folder is in the right location in the HD and contains the folders but they do not appear in the Omnisphere plugin, it would be better in this case to reinstall.

13. LightSound

LightSound Ultrasonic

The Soundsources folder should not be in your User folder but see above...

Your Soundsources folder should be located in the following, namely:

Macintosh HD /Library/ApplicationSupport/
    Spectrasonics/STEAM/ omnisphere/ Soundsources/ Factory/ Core Library/ and here the different soundsource folders namely Composite Morphing, Distortion, Human Voices, InstrumentMultisamples, Oneshots, Phrases, Psychoacoustic, Retro, SFX and Noise, Synthesizers, Textures, Traditional and Waveforms here 13 folders for a total of 61.7 GB.
    If the folders are there, try doing an update like you just installed a new sound bank and had to save it.

14. Bluest

Bluest Newbie

Thank you again for writing back. I'll be thrilled if you are correct; I could just move it. Or when I reinstall, it would put it in the general HD/ LIbrary folder. However, are you sure? When I google it, it tells me the default location is in the User folder. Yours is on the general HD?

15. Bluest

Bluest Newbie

Completely reinstalled everything, updated to 2.8, and still same problem. No Soundsources at all listed when i click Layers, and Factory Soundsources 0 when I go to diagnostics.

16. LightSound

LightSound Ultrasonic

In User it's only the patches.
    You have nothing, it costs you nothing to try but be careful in Soundsources there is also a User folder.
    Respect the location that I have indicated to you and you will see...

Is your Factory folder at the location I told you in your mac empty?

In my User folder, it's an alias

17. LightSound

LightSound Ultrasonic

But normally you don't have to worry about that.
    When you install, the folders automatically move to the correct location.

Maybe it works by User.
    Anyway your Soundsources folder and what's in there? are not recognised...

18. Bluest

Bluest Newbie

Hey LightSound. Thank you again for writing back. The Omnisphere folder in the STEAM folder, in my User library is 81GB. In total the Steam folder including Trillian and Keyscape is 166GB. I am also including a link to the contents of Soundsources>Factory>Core Library folder. I really hope I can get this working soon.

https://ibb.co/Zxjrvs0

19. LightSound

LightSound Ultrasonic

Hey Bluest!

20. LightSound

LightSound Ultrasonic

21. def12

def12 Kapellmeister

Does this problem only happen after you updated to 2.8 or even before? Any why do you only update to 2.8.2c (as in the picture in the first post). And why does it say that your Omnisphere is "up to date" when there is an even newer version?
    You could also try to "batchmod" the Steam-folder. Don't know if it makes a difference, but sometimes it works wonders