Omnisphere 2.6 from PC to Mac (from The Pirate)

Discussion in 'Software' started by ProctorSeuss, Apr 8, 2020.

1. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

1.1.2 only but using Omnisphere is better.

2. Whatever

Whatever Newbie

Mine problem is solved. Thanks The Pirate

3. vanderveil

vanderveil Member

And me? No Thanks? :(

4. kindleman

kindleman Member

could you explain why it is still better with omnisphere ? thx

5. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

https://support.spectrasonics.net/m...oncepts-satellite-index?q=link+omnisphere+giu

https://www.spectrasonics.net/products/keyscape/keyscape-faq.php

Using Omnisphere’s multiple Parts, you can combine Keyscape and Omnisphere sounds. It is important to remember that many Keyscape and Omnisphere sounds contain thousands of samples and that certain synthesis tools and effects can be very CPU-intensive.

TIP: Often it can help to use the THINNING controls in the Soundsource Zoom to conserve CPU resources when combining Omnisphere and Keyscape sounds.

Of course you can also combine Keyscape sounds, but be mindful of the fact that in addition to the CPU requirements, different Keyscape models are tuned differently. Certain models utilize stretch tuning – a type of tuning that accommodates the inharmonicity of certain acoustic and electro-mechanical keyboards that use strings, tines, and reeds.

You can use Stack Mode or Live Mode to create useful combinations of sounds by using keyboard or velocity splits, layering, or applying Part-switching to a Multi in Live Mode.

In this example, we show Keyscape’s “LA Custom C7 Grand” loaded in Part 1, Omnisphere’s playable texture “Distant Memories” in Part 2, and Part 3 uses a rhythmic kalimba-based sound, also from Omnisphere. Using Stack Mode, the three parts play as one layered sound.

[​IMG]
    Using the same Multi in Live Mode, you can instantly switch between the three parts using keyswitches.

[​IMG]
    Use the Arpeggiator

You can apply Omnisphere’s Arpeggiator to Keyscape sounds to create rhythmic patterns.

[​IMG]
    Use Omnisphere’s FX Units to process sounds

You can use any of Omnisphere 2’s great-sounding FX units to modify Keyscape sounds or get under the hood and tweak what is already in use. Keyscape already utilizes many of Omnisphere 2’s FX Units, but there are many more! Try a wide variety of amps, stompboxes and high-quality effects to create sounds that range from hard-hitting to ethereal.

In the example below, the Patch, “Rhodes 1946 Pre-Piano Retrospace” has been run through Innerspace, an FX unit that creates unique spaces and resonances, and then fed into a vintage MXR stompbox.

[​IMG]
    Apply Omnisphere’s Powerful Synthesis Tools

Any of the synthesis features inside Omnisphere 2 can be used with Keyscape Patches or Soundscources to create unique sounds. In the example below, Granular is applied to a Classic Toy Piano sound to create a slowly evolving texture.

[​IMG]
    These are just a few of the things you can do with Keyscape inside Omnisphere 2. There are an infinite number of things to explore – the possibilities are truly endless!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  6. Daimers

Daimers Newbie

Hi Guys,, getting continuous errors when extracting parts 1-15 of Omnisphere 2.6 complete!!! ,,,error seems to be part 15,,says,, "error on decrunching"...HELP! Im on Mojave and tryed with the unarchiver and keka,, not working...any idea what i am doing wrong?

7. Greenline

Greenline Noisemaker

If somebody could PM me 2.6 id be super grateful. I am having an issue installing 2.0. Idk if im missing something or if its because its an old version and im running the new MacOS but any help would be appreciated.

I have a thread opened with screenshots of my issue... The installer never asks me to install the 8 iso's

8. iminertia

iminertia Newbie

Ive found the secret is to download an older version of Omnisphere and then update using the updates in Pirats release. Only took me a month to get it to work, but this way seems to work on Catalina.

9. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

So create a thread remembering you cant link to any W4r3z and explain it so the poor rich Mac guys know what to do. On tthing you will have to change is that my release is obsolete as to the software. After my release Omnisphere was updated. Therefore, it does not make any sense to update with mine. You should go straight to the latest.

10. Greenline

Greenline Noisemaker

Thanks. I have the 2.0 version I just cant figure out how to install it tho.. doesn't ask me for the install disks when Im trying to install.although i have all 8 isos

11. Greenline

Greenline Noisemaker

The Pirate has arrived... Can you guide me Jack Sparrow... I have the 2.0.3 complete file. I have a mac. It doesnt ask me to mount the disks when I install.. Just installs in 1 minute and says complete. Ive been reading all your posts I even found the sister site...

Should I even install this older version? Should I install then download the newest update from the sister site?(I did so much digging i found that) Any help is appreciated

Attached Files:

12. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Here is the thing. It does NOT matter how you arrive to a "TRUE STEAM FOLDER" The older, mine, extracting it manually or automatically. If you dont have that STEAM folder, Omnisphere it is NOT GOING TO WORK. Once you have the STEAM folder, all you need is the latest versions for software,patches, and sources. Don't listen to anyone that te;ls you that you must install 2.0 to have 2.6. That is horse shit. Again, all you need is the latest.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
  13. Greenline

Greenline Noisemaker

Can you PM me. I believe you wholeheartedly... I have all the iso's when I mount them I see the steam folder. I uploaded above what the directions said and whats actually in my folder... Following the directions isnt working... I just need help getting started.

14. Greenline

Greenline Noisemaker

Im stuck at Step 7.. I am running the data package installer but its telling me it cant find the STEAM folder. The path it says it should be at.... I have the STEAM folder there... Ive been at this since last night so I thought I would reach back out... Ive attached the Screenshots

Attached Files:

15. vanderveil

vanderveil Member

This is the most weird install that I've never see.
    Have you tried to open Omni in your DAW?

If you already have the STEAM folder installed, you don't need to launch the data package updater. Forget this step. Uninstall Omnisphere from step one. Reinstall. It will find the STEAM folder automatically if you've installed the STEAM in the correct location. From what i see from your screenshot, seem like that you've all what you need. After, if you haven't already done, install the latest updates.

1 Install Soundsource
    2 Patches
    3 Software Update

Spectrasonics.Omnisphere.Soundsource.Library.Update.v2.6.0c.WIN.OSX
    Spectrasonics.Omnisphere.Patch.Library.Update.v2.6.0c.WIN.OSX
    Spectrasonics.Omnisphere.Software.Update.v2.6.2c.MAC

The last time then my computer crashed and, luckily for me that the STEAM folder was installed on an external SSD, I only needed to reinstall Omnisphere from the step one. It worked. Should be the same for you.

Still in trouble?
    https://support.spectrasonics.net/manual/Omnisphere2/25/en/topic/get-started-installation-page01

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
  16. David Brennan

David Brennan Newbie

Hi m8 could you please send me instructions for mac? Thanks