Omnisphere 2.6.1 authorization issues

Discussion in 'Software' started by beluga_man, May 27, 2019.

1. beluga_man

beluga_man Ultrasonic

I downloaded the full version (2.6.0) it installed and ran fine (PC version). Then when I tried to go to 2.6.1 and somehow screwed up the install. I tried to go back and re-installing 2.6.0 but not luck. I patch the 2 omnisphere.dll not sure what I'm doing wrong. I searched for a solution without success. Any leads would be appreciated.

3. flguy

flguy Ultrasonic

I know when I had issues it was from not patching the dll in the program data /steam folder. I was only patching the dll in my vst folder which made omisphere just close and failed authorization. Make sure you have both of them patched and see if it helps.

4. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

You said you patched the Omnisphere dll or did you patch the TWO (as in number "2") Omnisphere dlls? Bro, there is a list of must do's that has been repeated over 100 times. Run KG as Administrator. Keep Omnisphere closed when patching. Make sure you have full permission/access to the folder where the dlls are located or move the dlls to desktop, patch and move back to folder.
    Another thing, with Spectrasonics you don't need to go back. You did not have to go back. Because the software update NEVER requires a previous Software version. If you were updating to 2.6.1e you only needed Library Patch 2.6.0c or higher.

Last edited: May 27, 2019
  5. beluga_man

beluga_man Ultrasonic

Yeah man, I've got the list of steps and I've following the instructions to the letter. I run everything as administrator, I patch the 2 dll in the programdata folder (as stated in my OP). I move them on the desktop to do it and copy them back. When I paste my code in Omnisphere quits right away. I restart and it asks for code again. It just won't take it.

6. beluga_man

beluga_man Ultrasonic

Actually I just figured it out. I was running it as a stand alone. I opened it in Vienna Instruments as a plugin and I was able to authorize it there. That was a weird one. Anyway thanks for replies