Omnisphere 2.3.1 Issue.. Wont load sounds.

Discussion in 'Software' started by notalk, Dec 28, 2016.

1. notalk

notalk Newbie

I recently decided to update Omnisphere from 1.5 to 2.3.1. Upon doing so, None of the preset patches work.. I updated/patched as directed, opened Ableton, ran the VST, everything went smoothly.. but when i click any of the sounds, i get an error. Either "Cannot load SoundSource "Preset name" in Directory "Core Library". Try refreshing index in Browser" or "Error loading waveform".

I tried refreshing the index browser, i think.. (Clicked the circular arrow)

If i click "Diagnostics" Upon running the VST, it lists the correct STEAM folder location.

When i navigate to the STEAM folder in finder and check Core Library, it looks fine (around 47 GB's).
    For some reason it just cannot load the sounds?..

Figured this might help.. Literally everything is a different version lol, could that screw something up?
    upload_2016-12-27_19-29-47.png

Attached Files:

3. MNDSTRM

MNDSTRM Platinum Record

This is what mine shows and everything is working including Keyscape.
    I don't know what the (v) beside your version number is.

Studio One 3.3.3, Windows 8.1
    upload_2016-12-27_21-3-41.png

4. e-minor

e-minor Platinum Record

Worst comes to worst, delete the registries and just reinstall omnisphere. It should pick everything up and work fine.

5. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

What e-minor said.
    Before you do that though, you can try to go through the Omnisphere installs for the updates again, one by one. This doesn't affect your STEAM folder, which is the largest part of the install. Not sure how you applied the updates but coming from v1.5 the Omnisphere v2.0 install is essential.

Also, about that STEAM folder. If you still have the ISOs you can mount them and manually copy the folders containing the .db files over to your STEAM folder.

I forgot. Spectrasonics products don't write anything to the registry on Windows.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  6. glofrito

glofrito Newbie

I have the same issue.
    @MYCbeats, I noticed for you, under "satelites" it says "keyscape soundsources" and "keyscape patches". For me, it ony says "keyscape patchces". How do I get omnisphere to recognize my soundsources?

I'm not sure if that will fix the issue, but maybe that's what's causing the problem.

7. MNDSTRM

MNDSTRM Platinum Record

You have to make sure you read the instructions carefully and created the correct folder structure.

8. glofrito

glofrito Newbie

When i downloaded the torrent, everything came in one folder called keyscape with 4 folders in it. I just copied and pasted it in my programdata/spectrasonics folder. I'm not sure what else I had to do.

There's a folder in it called soundsources and everything. Maybe I have to find a way to load it in the omnisphere?

The problem with me, is that when I select a piano sound, and I press a key on my keyboard, it says the note is being played but there's just no sound at all.

I did research and it said that I had to fix the midi channel or something like that but I have no idea how to do it on FL Studio 11.

9. notalk

notalk Newbie

Thank you for the input. I'll probably just reinstall.

10. Jayp

Jayp Newbie

Hi Folks. I have an issue about loading sounds from Omnispehere 2. I tried to refresh the browser, checked the Steam folder in the correct position. but nothing. It gives always me 2 kind of errors: 1, Error loading waveform. 2, Cannot load SoundSource "....any sounds.." in Directory "Core Library". Try refreshing index in Browser.
    My sim folder is located on an external HD, Alias it's made it correctly. Everything looks to be ok, but nothing happen. also no any midi signal comes out. Anyone knows how it can be fixed this issue?
    Below some Screenshots.
    Thanks in advance.
    JP

Schermata 2017-03-25 alle 02.06.39.png Schermata 2017-03-25 alle 02.53.41.png

Mac Pro Retina 15" OSX Sierra
    2,3 GHz Intel Core i7
    8GB Ram

11. snubz

snubz Newbie

I have exact same issue as jayp running windows 10 pro 64 any ideas?

12. LALALA

LALALA Kapellmeister

Every time when I'm loading O-sphere, I'm getting the same issue.:hillbilly:

13. Ted Smithton

Ted Smithton Producer

Install all updates sequentially and make sure you have correct file structure

14. snubz

snubz Newbie

Hi ted I had installed all updates, I installed them on my external hdd to save space on my pc HDD. Ive installed DVD'S 1-6.
    Ive also seen another omnishphere which has 8 DVD'S? have I got the wrong one?

15. black bounty

black bounty Platinum Record

you don't need an alias to use Omni. libraries on an external HD.
    erase the aliases and reload your vst in a session, it will ask you to locate the steam folder, then do it.
    tell us if it change something.

16. snubz

snubz Newbie

black bounty which one are you using Spectrasonics.Omnisphere.2.DVDR.D1-D8.-R2R-DYNAMiCS ?

17. Ted Smithton

Ted Smithton Producer

both should be working but You'll need to download all the updates as well