Omnisphere 1 patches- Trash or convert?

Discussion in 'Software' started by DoubleTake, Oct 19, 2018.

1. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

I have a bunch of 3rd party Omnisphere 1 patches.
    It seems straightforward to copy the proper folders into the "Patches" folder, and i did test one to see.
    It seems that is the way , but I did see one that also has a "Presets" folder.
    I read the info and it says to just copy that to the Omnisphere "Presets" folder, but have not tried it.

Well, I have installed all the 3rd party Omnisphere 2 Patches I have using the menu inside Omnisphere, and as I began to look at the old ones I wondered if they were worth installing...and if they were, would it be worth converting them, if such a thing is possible. :dunno:

I searched and spent a couple of hours finding out interesting things, but nothing directly to answer my 2 main questions except one broken link to an article on converting :(

So... 1) Worth installing? 2) Worth converting?
    Any other opinions or talk is welcome, as I am just learning this and loving it :like: Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018