Omishphere Question

Discussion in 'Omnisphere' started by FrankWhite23, Oct 28, 2021.

1. FrankWhite23

FrankWhite23 Producer

hello so i installed Omnishphere 2.6 complete (Pirate) i followed all the steps but i forgot to give the correct permissions to the steam folder like a idiot..its been a minute since i had help installing on my old laptop so it was a honest mistake... but i ended up opening omnisphere as admin and i still got the same can't locate steam folder permissions i changed it both for the Steam on the external and for the shortcut.. is it not going through because i already got the error message? and i now have to do a reg cleaning? or am i missing something ... i've looked on here and i know this topic has been brought up alot but if i can get some guidence i would be really greatful because i can't and won't scan anymore plugins till this gets resolved .. i don't wanna make the situation worse so this is why i'm asking

3. FrankWhite23

FrankWhite23 Producer

I'd even be willing to throw someone $20 via PayPal for the help

4. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

To avoid a bunch of speculation, I'll PM you to ask something, then we can put any useful result here after...

5. FrankWhite23

FrankWhite23 Producer

Sounds good thank you

6. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

There is a complete sub forum about Omnisphere, including a thread by The Pirat explaining everything you need.
    https://audiosex.pro/forums/omnisphere.100/

I'm moving your thread to that sub forum. Next time, please do a search before posting.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
  7. FrankWhite23

FrankWhite23 Producer

Sorry olly
    my question is alittle different I've went through about 20 of the of the other posts I am on step (6)b of his instructions I've given full permission to both folder the one on my external Hard Drive and and the Steam folder on in the appdata location i missed the part where you need to have full permission of the files because it wasn't in the instructions even though i remember him doing it before i thought it was later in the process so that's why i opened as admin the omnisphere.exe which then gave me the
    unable to access plugin folder at
    C:/ program data/Spectrasonics/STEAM/Omnisphere
    i have full permission set to everyone now.. all i need to know really is do i need to go into the registry and remove all of my initial install because i opened the app without the folders being set properly.. i would just do it but i really didn't wanna have to do that unless absolutely necessary since i don't feel comfortable doing those type of things unsupervised or atleast have someone to double check with..

8. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

So I can't do that, that Omnisphere can only be used with admin rights. At Spectrasonics you won't find anything in the installation instructions. It also works for me without having assigned admin rights. Not granting these rights is a Windows security feature. So why lever it out? Can it be that the following mail applies and you should completely de-install omnsiphere and reinstall the latest version, then the problem should be resolved.

Spectrasonics has a bug - Year 2015 - here is an excerpt from the email:

We discovered that the problem was caused by the way in which our installer interacts with non-English versions of Windows. Although our Beta Team had a wide range of international Windows users, they were all using English versions of Windows, so unfortunately this isolated issue slipped past our beta-testing phase. This explains why the vast majority of our users have not had this problem, but it has affected quite a few Windows users in Europe.

The original installer for the Omnisphere 2 upgrade inadvertently caused changes to the Spectrasonics folder, which interfered with the authorization system. The only way to correct this is to modify the permissions and ownership settings of your Spectrasonics folder.
    While the issue is corrected for all customers downloading and installing from now on, those who used our initial installer on non-English Windows versions will need to go through the steps in the attached .pdf file to remedy the problem on their systems.

Source and more: www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=437928&start=30

-
    Knowledgebase
    https://www.spectrasonics.net/support/knowledgebase.php?showcatID=3
    Windows - Installing to a Secondary or External Drive
    https://www.spectrasonics.net/support/knowledgebase_view_topic.php?id=14&categoryID=3

Windows - Uninstalling your Instrument

If you would like to completely uninstall your instrument on Windows, navigate to these locations and delete the listed files:

First, let's locate and delete your Spectrasonics folder (if you would only like to uninstall an individual instrument, open STEAM and remove that instrument). By default, your STEAM folder will be in the ProgramData folder - follow these instructions to locate it:

1.) Open File Explorer

2.) Go to C:/ProgramData/Spectrasonics

If you don't see your ProgramData folder, click "View" in the top left of File Explorer, and then check the Hidden Items box from the sub menu.

Delete the Spectrasonics folder.

If you installed your STEAM library somewhere else, you can delete the folder above, as well as the full STEAM library folder you installed in the other location.

Next, search your whole computer for "Keyscape.dll, Omnisphere.dll, Trilian.dll, StylusRMX.dll" and delete them.

Navigate to both of these locations and delete any Omnisphere, Keyscape, Trilan and StylusRMX files"

C:/Program Files/Common Files/Digidesign/DAE/Plugins

C:/Program Files/Common Files/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins

Lastly, delete the instrument shortcut from your desktop.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021