olson h. - mischief (AudioSexedAlbum)

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by olson, Jan 11, 2014.

1. olson

olson Member

http://soundcloud.com/olsonh/mischief

sounds simple, took me hours to make - some mistakes through random midi effects - but this version is already 95 % of the finished song

hope u like it

EDIT
    SOUNDCLOUD DOWN, SO HERE:
    http://www.mixcloud.com/lutschaz/mischief/

hearthis stream:
    http://hearthis.at/4KMxQjbV/olson-h-mischief/?fb_action_ids=408773462590839&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=feed_opengraph&action_object_map=%7B%22408773462590839%22%3A606763696057078%7D&action_type_map=%7B%22408773462590839%22%3A%22og.likes%22%7D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D

3. xsze

xsze Guest

I love it, such a great vibe,uuu uuu taaa taaannnnn uuuuuu taaa taaannnn :guitarhero: chill mode activated :phones: this is really nice tune, groovy&fun :boombox:

Man, it's going on 5th repeat (i'm listening it all this time, stopped counting, edit: i started listening it was 23 mins since upload, didn't stopped at all, now is 3 hours since upload, man, this is so freaking hooky track), I love it because I sing everything else that isn't there, it's so awesome, I feel like teenage girl, uuuuuu pam puruuuu :break:

This totally sounds like Too Cool For School, can imagine video already, some geeky kid put cool shades instead, walks with headphones having blast, suddenly everything have purpose, colors are bright, everyone is smiling ,dancing, chicks dig him, he is the man, in the middle of the video, teacher wakes him up in the middle of the class, everyone is laughing at him, he looks around, put his cool shades and start walking away, once again he is the man, for real, in last scene he drive his car with some hottie, license plates "2Ql4Sql" :thumbsup:

Main character played by:

[​IMG]

4. olson

olson Member

haha
    I CAN SEE IT TOO - brilliant idea - very SYMPATIC

THANKS FOR FEEDBACK MATE
    ****happy**** -

5. xsze

xsze Guest

Thank you for this great track, it's going straight to my all time favorites, this is "that" track, one that could be played anywhere, listened&enjoyed by everyone, it have that universal good vibe all over it, promise good time, this one is for the charts if you ask me, you have great taste and some choices you made are speaking for themselves, not many tracks have that universal cool vibe, I was smiling for almost 3 hours, dancing, even lying, if manual repeat wasn't involved I would be somewhere in my mind far away from here, you caught me instantly and still I can't get enough of this, just awesome, took me by surprise, mainly you did something I really dig, I love that style of bass, it's really working wonders for me every time and your percussion work is just amazing, not even going to mention guitar riff, that's just "it", everything you did is just working, every second of a track is excellent, you left enough space for the listeners to dive in, be part of the track, atmosphere is just awesome, all in all, you get why I really love this one, if you ask me this could be next big thing on charts, you nailed something that I know everyone will love, just awesome :phones:

Actually in mind mind there is some black soul background girl doing harmonies and rasta singing: "Don't let them to screw ya, you too cool for this school ya" :thumbsup:

6. olson

olson Member

hehe - best feedback ever with distance
    i even looked for that kinda vocals ! but didnt find any that really fit into it :) i just have let it go :)
    :bow: its a honour to have you as my listener

7. thisis theend

thisis theend Member

Well I have to agree with Xsze that you've got a really good vibe going on in this track, and I like it too.
    The start is great, the way the beat build up an expectation and when the bass kicks in it sounds supersweet and you got me nodding at once :boombox:
    Get a feeling of both positivity and coolness from this one.

I also like that you've kept the mix pretty neat and not overworked the sound, though as usual I wouldn't mind just a bit more variation with some little melody, lead or hook parts thrown in here n there (for unknown reasons I was imagining some really sexy horn riffs around 1.40), but that's just personal taste.

The ending sounds cut off on soundcloud, but I suppose that's just some mishap. Good work :thumbsup:

8. swing

swing Newbie

Wow... yes, this is a great song with a GREAT vibe.
    I can´t dance at all, but they are going to dance for me:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

http://joy2theworld2012.files.wordp...trooper-dancing-animated-gif-win-rz.gif?w=593
    http://omgif.gosedesign.net/wp-content/dance.gif
    http://i.imgur.com/SgC7i.gif
    http://media2.giphy.com/media/JLgFuqnDXwIjC/giphy.gif

I also liked the not over processed sound. And yes, maybe some rhythmic-semi muted-wha-funky guitars or something else 'answering' to the main guitars (in the blank spaces left between the main phrase) could add some variation and climax, but yes, it´s personal.

Applause. :grooves:

9. thisis theend

thisis theend Member

Carl, can't you even dance the tango? Surely that's part of basic education in Argentina :dancing:

10. swing

swing Newbie

Not at all. Tango is more common at the east limit of my country, next to Uruguay, that´s where it comes from.
    I live at the west limit. I remember dancing some flocklore at school when I was a child.
    I´m on the green beast´s dancing level, but I want to be that storm trooper :rofl:
    Anyway, let´s stop with the garbage spreading here, this is about Olson´s masterpiece.
    Stay tuned for my track, I think I´m going to finish it in a week or so... (if everything goes well) and I´m going to need some help for sure...

11. swing

swing Newbie

12. xsze

xsze Guest

I know :rofl:

It's like every time you have more to add on it, you start unleashing your creativity and making it totally personal, yesterday I was singing like mad in the middle of the night, I think I end up with lyrics "Don't let 'em fool ya, you too good for this world ya" resonated somehow and put me in trance, just horrible voice and even worst Bob Marley/rasta impressions :lmao:

13. olson

olson Member

:grooves: carl,we'll do anything we can - we re just waiting for your release :guitarhero:

i'll correct this! its the audio-file- didnt gave enough time for the reveerb

i totally agree - muted guitar -> the same i thaugt of, the project is killing my computer so its difficult to rec more layers (latency problems)
    i cant promise that ill make it happen, but i defenitly will try (still view days left until deadline *yes* )

.. would be a reason to leave anything additional :)

i dont know yet

first i have to correct the mistakes through random midi effects in the guitar, than ill go on :phones:
    ill let u know if took some steps forward the the track :)

mates: thank you for feedback - feels good, especially if it tooks so long to came up with anything new :)

:drummer:

EDIT:
    i still dont know how to quote with timestamp etc. :dunno:

14. xsze

xsze Guest

15. Rolma

Rolma Guest

Olson , Westphalian mistah, I love your sound but more the synthesis and the way you deliver the sounds (your arrangement is pretty interesting ). Although I like how you work , I´m not into this style, personally I need more filth !

For dancing avatars I wanted to add an image of Knut (berlin zoo) :bleh:

16. dirkdiddler

dirkdiddler Noisemaker

Hey mang thats pretty cool :) Its got a great fun casual feel with a sweet vibe even despite that its not a tempo i would usually prefer u made me enjoy nonetheless :)

17. olson

olson Member

oh i do love filth too , but i'm disaster in mixing, so i keep my elements clear, that makes it easier for me mix :)

thank you! checked your stuff! big thing! sounds like the opposite of my track - sound to the maximum : :bleh:

“The height of cultivation runs to simplicity.”

– Bruce Lee

Often, when we talk about optimizing, we’re not talking about adding more to make something better. We’re actually referring to removing stuff: streamlining and simplifying

thats about the guideline i made this track under :)

hell yeah - i hope thats even english :headbang:

EDIT:
    YEAH!!!! see timestamps in my quotations :bleh: :bleh:

18. Rolma

Rolma Guest

im into bears ! :wink:

19. thepopenale

thepopenale Noisemaker

And on that note...

[​IMG]

This thread is spamtastic, more views for you though. Good track always helps too :wink:

20. xsze

xsze Guest

Everything is about the track in this thread actually, chain of reactions, this is my 5th comment because I love it and I'm hooked like mad :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

21. olson

olson Member

I'm a bear! :bleh:
    bears are great - and so are beers *yes*

sooo- than i like "spam" - thanks :bleh:

i am really thankful your input. gave me a lot of new energy - made me contacting Fuad for his mixing and mastering services

i just add the things we figured out: muted guitar or some glitchy vocals females (im on the search, suggestions welcome :excl: )
    and then i will come back to fuad, ask him to put his magic on the track *yes*