Older Waves v12 vst3 (12.0) doesnt get recognized on FL Studio

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kuuhaku, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Kuuhaku

Kuuhaku Platinum Record

Hello, so last week I was trying to open a project from february but I couldnt, because I got this error, I was thinking that this could be due to archives corruption, so I tried to open waves plugins (the most recents, that I updated on last months) and it opens normally, but those older ones (from v12.0 vst3) doesnt open.

I tried downloading older versions but it doesnt change nothing, what should I do?
    upload_2021-6-13_16-46-4.png

3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Hi Kuuhaku, try this:
    How to Find Your Plugins in FL Studio https://www.waves.com/support/how-to-find-your-plugins-in-fl-studio
    How to install and use WAVES plugins? https://support.image-line.com/action/knowledgebase/?ans=179

4. Kuuhaku

Kuuhaku Platinum Record

5. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

Off-topic but related.
    Waves does not work well in certain DAWs. Ableton, Samplitude & Fl Studio especially. One thing out of sorts & the problems start.
    Even in Pro Tools and Reaper, there were issues with no plugin showing after updates or, just a few random ones.

Would advise to start trying other plugins that do similar or better jobs at processing sound. Plugin Alliance, Softube & SSL Native are at the top of my list. Then there are the free & GE versions of plugins from Tokyo Dawn Labs.

For Verbs & delays to start. The free Voxengo TempoDelay & OldSkoolVerb and, the free Valhalla FreqEcho, SpaceModulator & SuperMassive.

The AdHd Leveling Tool is a great free plugin.

The Waves Renaissance & L Series bundles were my favourite.

Not advising a DAW change, just a set of tools used with that DAW.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. Kuuhaku

Kuuhaku Platinum Record

I finally found the solution, on rutracker I downloaded the first waves v12 release (from 2020) and then I disabled internet and installed it, now its working, but I had to unninstall the newer version;

I tried updating it now for the msot recent version but is doesnt work, so if you doesnt want to lose projects or having to reinstall waves entirelly for the sake of old projects, dont update it, install this first version of 12.0 and never open waves central again lmao

The big problem with it is that even if you download and older version, waves will update itself without asking you anyways, so you have to disable internet before installing it again

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
  7. Goonster

Goonster Member

Just as you get Waves V12 running V13 is on the horizon now :) as its in Beta

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
  8. Kuuhaku

Kuuhaku Platinum Record

I already had it running fine, but just now that I now that I noticed that projects with older plugins (v12.0) doesnt open, but the actual ones (v12.7) works fine, thats pretty bad coming from waves, Im glad I didnt purchased those plugins lmao

9. Goonster

Goonster Member

Waves changed the way presets are handled in V12 hence why there were a few problems with older projects, another month or so, and will be V13 anyway, as currently in Beta testing the Alpha release of V13

• List
  10. U-Kadian

U-Kadian Kapellmeister

I have to make basic production in FL Studio then transfer stems into studio One just to use some Waves plugins :yes: I need Ableton I think:guru:

• List
  11. Kuuhaku

Kuuhaku Platinum Record

Best Answer
    I just solved everything
    1- Unninstall waves plugin using Waves Central (v12, v11, v10 and applications) and clear all the cache, installation files and waves files (its on the same place where you unninstall the plugins using Waves Central)
    2- Unninstall Waves Central
    3- Download the first release of Waves v12 on Rutracker (its from 12.2020)
    4- After downloading, disconnect your internet connection
    5- Install the Waves Central (from the one you downloaded from rutracker)
    6- Install the plugins you want (or all, as I do :p)
    7- Patch it
    8- Go to FL Studio, test if they are working, if they do, open plugin manager, then click on "Verify Plugins" and scan, it's going to take a while, but after completed, all your older and newer plugins (yeah, even the v12.7 will still work, just without the resize option, but they will open noramlly)

12. Kuuhaku

Kuuhaku Platinum Record

Why? You can pretty much use them inside FL Studio, I use waves and fl for 4 years now
    Just make sure to mark "verify plugins" on plugin manager in order to get them all separated inside the fl studio plugin manager

• List
  13. Kuuhaku

Kuuhaku Platinum Record

Well, I hope them fix it, but if they dont, no problem... For me, waves plugins are just perfect since v11 and all my projects are working now... If they dont fix it I will just not update it lmao

14. Kuuhaku

Kuuhaku Platinum Record

It just doesnt make sense to me that fl studio, looking for "v12.07 vst" finds "v12.00" and thinks: "Hmm ok", but if it looks for "v12.00" and find "v12.07" it just goes: no hell way

15. Joe Pepper

Joe Pepper Noisemaker

I'm pretty sure I'm having this exact same issue currently. I know this is older, did you ever find a better solution? I ideally wanna use v14.0 waves but also have my older projects using v12.0 waves plugins load properly.

It just doesn't seem to recognize v12.0 and after selecting "rescan previously verified plugins" my new v13.0 waves load all the same plugins but don't associate with the v12.0

Damn this is frustrating.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2022

Attached Files:

16. itisntreal

itisntreal Guest

i have the latest r2r in flstudio without wavescentral and single plugins not the waveshell.dll
    i use an old shell64 extract tool from older r2r release to extact the waveshel.dll
    only the vst3 is not supported

17. Kuuhaku

Kuuhaku Platinum Record

try the step by step I mentioned before

18. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

In the file attachment you can see the installation folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves.

The installed Waves version is: Waves - Complete v2022.09.12 - 15.09.2022 - Incl Emulator - 4,9 GB - R2R
    As you can see, version 12 is also included.

I would uninstall everything and install the R2R version.
    Fl Studio and Waves often have problems with scanning and recognising plugins.

19. Joe Pepper

Joe Pepper Noisemaker

Hey man!

So I followed what you said and installed - (Waves.Complete.v2022.09.12.Incl.Emulator-R2R) and then re-scanned with "rescan previously verified plugins" selected in FL Studio.

It worked!! my older projects using version v12.0 of waves are loading perfectly fine now.

Thanks for taking the time to help me out, much appreciated!

20. Joe Pepper

Joe Pepper Noisemaker

Well yikes.. everything is working but StudioRack isn't. This is the error it's giving me.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2022

Attached Files:

21. Aileron

Aileron Audiosexual

OK, I had similar stuff going on with my newly configured and downloaded V12 installer, inside a fresh Pro Tools setup on top of also newly installed Windows 10 LTSB (2016 build), so everything fresh and "new" like many times before. All fine, except no Waves showing (Pro Tools/AAX). I made several attempts using an older Waves Central for offline installation of the plugins and applied a corresponding (V.R) V12 patch. Three times or so, no luck. Then I did the following:

I meticulously uninstalled every last morsel of the new Waves Central and Waves installation I was attempting, ultimately removing registry keys and AppData files before turning to Safe Mode, to allow scrubbing of Waves Audio contents from the (hidden) C:\ProgramData folder.

After this I reinstalled once more, again from the same V12 installers I had freshly prepared and downloaded from Waves, except now I used the same Waves Central I had logged on to Waves from when collecting them. All in offline mode of course, quite as usual therefore. After the install completed, I patched again, though this time with the latest (or 13.3.2 in my case, anyway) V.R activator and guess what: done.

:chilling: Problem solved.

:guru: I'm no expert but it appears the culprit is the updated Waves Central you are compelled to use to get access to the Installer Maker at Waves.com. Newly made installers, even for "legacy" Waves, now seem to demand use of the same to handle your offline installation correctly, hence the mandatory use of a corresponding "licensing tool" as well. Again, just guessing here, but all of Waves now shows and works beautifully so all is normal again.
    >

• List