Old School Electro Arpeggiator Help/Advice

Discussion in 'Electronic' started by BobbyD, Apr 29, 2021.

1. BobbyD

BobbyD Newbie

Hello, I have been trying to re-create the arp(arpeggio) like Grandmaster Flash used in Scorpio. I just cant get it at all. Was wondering if you may have a ideas on how to recreate? Maybe what vst synth? (there's also a very similar ARP used on Message II (Survival) Thanks ahead for any tips!
    Thanks ahead for any advice or help!!

3. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

https://gearspace.com/board/electro...sed-grandmaster-flashs-quot-message-quot.html

I like the u-He prophet recreation, but Repro 1 (not exactly prophet 5, but it comes with the bundle of Repro) has some nice sequencer that can nail this type of arp/seq that I don't think that hard to recreate, but it takes some time to get the notes right.

[​IMG]

Also if you have the Arturia V Collection Prophet V, check the preset called "Hybrid Seq". Pitch up the both oscillators higher, shorten the decay and sustain, and play the high notes, it's close already, maybe you can build up from there.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. BobbyD

BobbyD Newbie

absolutely!! will give that a shot tonight.
    Thanks allot