Old Mboard Question

Discussion in 'PC' started by Nostalgia_Rocks, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Nostalgia_Rocks

Nostalgia_Rocks Kapellmeister

My old school XP setup has i7-3770K @ 4.3ghz, and the mboard is P8Z77-V-LX (4 phase power). The question is if I upgrade my mboard to P8Z77-V-PRO (12 phase power) would I gain any performance benefit? My system is absolutely fine as is, no stability issues whatsoever with the 4.3ghz overclock. Its also fast 4 xp. Any info is appreciated.

3. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

No huge improvement. You will gain stability & consistent performance from reduce thermals if you are also using an after-market cooler that is better than the Intel boxed cooler.

Hopefully the board is not costing you anything or, very little. Don't get ripped off.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
  4. Nostalgia_Rocks

Thanks. So no real difference? They want US $162.35+ for it on ebay. I have a snowman m-T6 with 2 coolermaster sickle 120mm fans (5 degrees cooler with the coolermaster fans). It can hit 85 c under stress test but never seen it higher. It rarely hits 75 c though.

5. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

That is way to much for that motherboard. You can find whole 4th gen i7 systems in that price range. Of course they are the prebuilt Gell, HP, etc...But, the point remains the same. Way too much for that even if new in box. Don't get scalped!

6. Nostalgia_Rocks

afaik i have no bottleneck / thermal throttle on the cpu as is, but how do i know for sure? my old school rig is fast for windows xp. hyper-x savage ram 11-13-14 (or whatever the default xmp 2400 timings are) @ 2603 mhz stable. had a 780ti kingpin but sold it due to very disappointed performance. that card was hyped wow. couldn't believe how shitty nvidia is compared to what i'm used to. drivers were bs. way happier with my rare r7970 lightning be. has excellent xp drivers. bought it in new still sealed condition for $190 cad. i'll keep things as they are unless i ever run into stability issues i don't see the need to ''upgrade''.