Old Mac Performa 6320

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by Vaijj, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Vaijj

Vaijj Platinum Record

Hi guys..

I wonder if someone know someting about this. I picket out my old Mac Performa 6320 out of the closet and would love to find a way to get my old files out from it. Thing is really dont have any tools like discs etc to copy them. Since there isnt even a network card or anything like that on it i have a hard time to figure out how to solve this.

Open it up could be a way but after that what do i do? I think its scsi system if i dont remember wrong. Any ideas would be great.

Thanks..

3. black bounty

black bounty Platinum Record

ask Apple

seriously, they're the best out there to give you an answer :)

:no:

I'm in a similar case almost, I've found stuff from early 2000 on CD made with windows i'd like to extract, but not sure at all I will be able to to it, even if it's wav files, last time I've tried my last windows pc couldn't read it.

or maybe some geek / vintage / apple fanboy blog :)

good luck

:mates:

4. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

• Hard drive: 1.2 GB IDE
    • Try an IDE to USB interface

5. Rasputin

Rasputin Platinum Record

Pipotron3000 is right, but one potential problem is what are you planning on hooking the Performa's hard drive to? It needs to be something that can read HFS volumes, so if you hook that IDE drive to a Windows system then it's going to be unreadable.

You could use Ubuntu or the like on a PC, if that's your target system, and copy over to FAT32 or something universal.

6. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

It should be running MacOs 8. If it's really the 6320, it uses an IDE port and not SCSI. And it should also have a modem. So depending on the size of your files, you can either email them to yourself (if it's midi tracks for instance) or use an internal ide drive to store them, then use an ide to usb external box to transfer them.
    PS: I have a bunch of -still functioning- ide drives stored in my drawers. If you cannot find any, i will send you one gladly, but you 'll have to pay for shipping :)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  7. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

Try a softie named MacDrive http://www.mediafour.com/software/macdrive/ . It makes Mac formatted hdds and cds readable (and writable too) within Windows and you will find older versions of it too around (if you need them) :)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017