Ok so i made this Beatles cover....

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by rBennich, Jan 24, 2016.

1. rBennich

rBennich Kapellmeister

No offense, but that statement could be the strangest thing i have ever read on this forum. Pushing boundaries is the pinnacle of musical innovation. To always be asking yourself "How can i be doing this differently?". Talent is important, but there is no such dichotomy as "pushing boundaries vs talent". What gave you that idea? Every artist who ever came up with someting new did it because they pushed boundaries. I don't understand how you can dispute this simple fact... I must actually go into semantics and ask you what "pushing boundaries" even means to you, because it feels like we are speaking different languages...

Edit: And even if one is not actively trying to push boundaries just for the sake of it, rest assured that the minds of really talented people is pushing boundaries all the time, subconsciously... I mean, Isn't beeing successful at pushing boundaries that which we generally perceive as creativity?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  2. Music is about being closed minded, I'll have to remember that. Isn't logic wonderful, where would we be without it?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Slider

Slider Producer

Hehe :chilling:

4. Thankful

Thankful Rock Star

And who said everyone invloved in music had to be creative anyway? I'd bet money, somebody else's of course not mine that the majority of people involved in music aren't creative at all. Think of all those players, musicians who just play what someone else in the bannd invented; all those singers who sing what other people wrote; all those producers who just happily take orders from the creatives. For all we know the majority of fans of places like this place and the place over the road might also just be players of other people's inventions and not creative at all. rBennich calls himself 'backing vocals'. If true then it's a statement alluding to not being creative in vocals.

5. rBennich

rBennich Kapellmeister

Isn't "Backing vocals" just referring to the number of posts one has made in this forum, or something like that?

6. fiestablue

fiestablue Noisemaker

Hi,
    I very very like your version(I'm a fan of the Beatles from the very beginning), especially the way you "orchestrate" the voices, you've got something special and let nobody destroys it. By the way, if you want, PM me I didn't find how to do it... F.

7. smoothripple

smoothripple Kapellmeister

This is just a guitar player's thoughts.

If you are aiming at a particular audience you may want to consider the alterations suggested here but if you did it just to do it, it is spot on [in my opinion].

For most of my life I have performed live to critical humans. To be critical is human nature. I accept that not everyone will recognize my artistic intentions when I play. I play anyway.

As for the Beatles, they were like gods of creativity to me. They took inspiration from a great many styles of music. That is what allowed them to create something like the White album. Seems to me you are doing that also, with musical inspirations that weren't available to them back then. Nothing wrong with that in my book. [although I personally think Autotune has been used to the point of being a cheap cliche!]

Bottom line - it moved me, and that is my personal measurement of music.

PS:
    superliquidsunshine, if you are reading this, a dentist pulled one of my wisdom teeth yesterday [after several miserable days] & you gave me my first laugh in a week. Much appreciated. Very much needed.

And Slider, you helped.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  8. rBennich

rBennich Kapellmeister

Thanks! Really appreciate it! No audience considered. I just went with the flow... :)

9. Micke

Micke Member

LOVE IT! I dont care if it's a cover or not. This is GOOD. Hit me right in the feels. Good job! Download link please? :wink:

I dont listen to lyrics that much. I want sounds that make me feel something. Was a while ago music made me feel like this. The vocals and your voice overall >>>>>> Thank you! I'm a fan! You have to "Make it!". Talent and hard work. GO! :mates:

What do you use on the vocals if i may ask? :bleh:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  10. rBennich

rBennich Kapellmeister

Thank you! Glad you felt something! Not much more one could wish for as an artist/producer... :)

On the first verse and 2:d chorus, if that's what you are asking about, I combined a synth with the vocal in Zynaptiq Morph 2.

11. Micke

Micke Member

We talk months ago something moved me like this. I produce myself so i get pretty numb emotionally sitting with stuff everyday. And then sometimes a track comes, like yours. It does NOT happen often. I cant like my own music, never could neither

Ok. Sounds like you used a harmoniser of some sort?

12. rBennich

rBennich Kapellmeister

I'm really glad! :)

It's more like a vocoder in a way. I used a synth track with the chords and side-chained the vocal into that plugin. Look it up. It really is a one of a kind-plugin...

13. Micke

Micke Member

Gonna chech that out! Thanks. :yes::like: