Official and Unofficial 3rd party Maschine expansions work together?

Discussion in 'Maschine' started by webshark, Mar 13, 2014.

1. webshark

webshark Member

Hey guys,

The maschine kits by the likes of m-paq and p5 etc these will all work with a legit maschine yea?? The dont use license center right?

Thanks!

3. i1studios

i1studios Member

3rd party Maschine expansions will work with official and unofficial Maschine software and aren't subject to the NI service Center.

4. webshark

webshark Member

So im guessing the same applies to such Kontakt libraries right? How do we indentify before downloading which uses license center and which dont? I know theres the whol confusion with kontakt libraries. I know a library is different than a format.

5. i1studios

i1studios Member

Not all NI titles work in the same manner as far as authorization/registration.

With Kontakt, if you have a legit version, you will need to register your 3rd party libraries via the Service Center in order for them to work. If you have the k'd version of Kontakt, then you can use any of the libraries without registration via the Service Center.

As previously posted, if you own an official Maschine program, you will need to register your NI Maschine expansions via the Service Center in order to use them. None of 3rd party expansions, so far, have required serials/registration but you cannot use k'd Native Instruments Maschine expansions in your official Maschine. They will not work.

You cannot mix and match however you please. Basically, if you have a legit Maschine software, you will have to you the pay and register for NI Maschine expansions; 3rd party excluded. If you use the k'd version of Maschine, then you can only use the k'd NI Maschine expansions and the 3rd party expansions.

6. webshark

webshark Member

Thanks you for your answer but yes I understand this. But what i am saying is, arent some of the Kontakt ones just kontakt format and not license oriented and i am asking how we know this before downloading? Do you know what i mean?

7. i1studios

i1studios Member

I get what you're saying. If you're d/l the k'd kontakt program, then the libraries themselves don't matter because the k'd kontakt program itself will read the libraries without the need for the serial/registration process. You need to find and focus on the kontakt program and enjoy the libraries and make some good tunes. :)

8. webshark

webshark Member

Haha sorry for miscommunication. My Kontakt is legit I have K9 Ultimate. sometimes i see nice Post here of a sounds that says Kontakt format, and i feel like some probably dont use the license center. I want to know how to tell. Because my kontakt is legit.

Thank you

9. webshark

webshark Member

Thnks but i still think i am being misunderstood in my question.

10. webshark

webshark Member

Some use License center, some dont right even when u BUY them.. Some are JUST KONTAKT FORMAT. Others are actually KONTAKT LIbraries right??

11. tater_one

tater_one Kapellmeister

What you are asking is about individual .nki files. Those can be loaded into a legit kontakt.
    But, if it is a library, then it needs to be added to the library tab and won't work in a legit kontakt.

12. webshark

webshark Member

Exactly yes!! This was what I thought, So my follow up question is how do we identify this before downloading?

Thank you!

13. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

moved to Samplers...

14. tater_one

tater_one Kapellmeister

Before downloading, idk
    Maybe on the developers websites of each product you could find if they are actual libraries that need to be registered, or just .nki instruments you can play with.

After downloading, if you try to load a .nki instrument and it says you need to register library first then you will know.