OEKSOUND SOOTHE 2

Discussion in 'Software' started by vuuru_keg, Jan 16, 2020.

1. vuuru_keg

vuuru_keg Platinum Record

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. willynucka

willynucka Ultrasonic

Sounds like it will replace v1 since it can do the same but better. Liking the ability to go into lower frequencies, and lower latency means I'll use it earlier in the process. Pretty expensive for an upgrade, tho.

Didn't even get an email about it, so thanks for the heads up!

4. iDjay

iDjay Member

Just purchased the first one 3 weeks ago. However it was 149€ and this is just 50€ so it‘ll be the same 199€.
    Will buy it!

5. badboy4life

badboy4life Ultrasonic

Bought Soothe a month ago...

6. LurkerSupreme

LurkerSupreme Ultrasonic

Im definitely upgrading, haven't even see what it does yet lol. I know how much I use the first one so Im all in.

7. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

soothe2: a major upgrade for soothe available on 23rd of january, 2020

soothe2 is a complete rewrite of the original soothe plug-in, offering improvements in performance and sound while adding many new features. These include the expansion of the processing to full frequency range, the addition of attack and release speed parameters, and the inclusion of two processing modes suitable for different situations.

[​IMG]

“Taking soothe completely apart and redesigning the plug-in from the ground up has allowed us to make huge improvements to the sound quality and usability, while lowering the latency and reducing the CPU load of the plug-in. The biggest challenge in creating soothe2 has been to improve every aspect of the original while retaining the ease-of-use, but I feel we’ve managed to achieve that”, the company founder Olli Keskinen says.

soothe2 works by automatically detecting resonances in the audio material and then applying a reduction that matches the input signal. It can be used for a range of applications across the full frequency range: To reduce harshness in close-mic’d audio material, to achieve very transparent de-essing, to combat and reduce muddiness and to even out the bass frequencies.

availability and pricing
    soothe2 will be available at oeksound.com on January 23, 2020 for the price of EUR 199, supporting both macOS and Windows using the VST, VST3, Audio Units and AAX plug-in formats. An upgrade license from soothe to soothe2 will be available for EUR 50. A fully functional 20-day trial period will be available. soothe2 uses the iLok License Manager. Licenses can be activated onto a machine or to the optional iLok USB-key.

soothe2 key new features:
    • Completely overhauled processing algorithm
    • Full frequency range operation
    • Attack and release speed adjustments
    • Two different processing modes for different use cases
    • Full mid/side processing
    • Lower latency
    • Lower CPU load all-together, along with an even lighter Eco quality setting
    • Quality settings can be adjusted separately for offline rendering
    • Rewritten graphics rendering to offload most of the GUI drawing to the GPU for improved FPS even on older machines
    • Sidechain input

full frequency range
    Where the original soothe was limited to the mid, high mid and treble range, soothe2 allows the whole audible frequency range to be processed. Targeting low and sub frequencies opens up many new possibilities to use soothe2 when mixing and mastering.

two processing modes
    soothe2’s suppression process now has two different modes that react differently to the input material. Soft mode is a smarter mode which is easier to use and introduces less artefacts while avoiding making drastic cuts. The hard mode is more active and is better suited for nastier harshness.

attack and release parameters
    With soothe2, the user has control over the speed with which the plug-in reacts to resonances as well as the release time of the processing. The attack can be increased to ignore transients while the release can be increased to further reduce artefacts that occur when using intense settings. Using slower values on both parameters allows soothe2 to be used as a resonance-based spectral shaper.

mid / side processing
    The processing of soothe2 can be applied independently to both channels of a stereo track in left/right or mid/side mode. Additional parameters include balance and channel link amount. The balance parameter is also a per-band feature.

sidechain input
    soothe2 has a sidechain input option which allows the audio signal of one track to dictate the reduction process of another track containing the soothe2 plug-in, further increasing the possibilities to shape how tracks react to each other.

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. vuuru_keg

if they improve the CPU usage by even 10% id freakin love it

9. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

So... If Sidechain input.... It means this completely replaces Wavesfactory TrackSpacer? =)

10. ProJay

ProJay Kapellmeister

I know soothe is a big deal but I'm broke right now. I know i have been spoiled by r2r and v.r. that i don't buy stuff, but it's extremely hard to spend money on plugins and from where i am 200 euro is like my whole month's budget.

11. devilorcracker

devilorcracker Platinum Record

But knowing that R2R and V.R will never crack soothe...

12. SoundForSoul

SoundForSoul Ultrasonic

Thanks for the heads up! The best tool for taming harsh vocals on high notes, guitars & horns, etc.

13. Ballz

Ballz Producer

Soothe is worth the money.

14. LurkerSupreme

LurkerSupreme Ultrasonic

So it sounds like they made an upgraded and more tweakable version of Gullfoss..plus the side chain part is great.

15. DonCaballero

DonCaballero Producer

Looks like a decent upgrade.
    The upgrade price is fair, but I wish there was a grace period for those that recently bought it.

16. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

It is the same final price whether you upgrade or buy it for first time. Lucky ones are those that took advantage of the Holiday discount. They paid $99 and now can upgrade it for $50. So the $50 savings will translate to version 2. They will end up with version 2 for $149

17. mp5

mp5 Producer

This thread is for the ritchies. Must run.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. Ballz

Ballz Producer

Just got Soothe 2 and it is a huge upgrade from the first one. Definitely sounds better

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  19. vuuru_keg

Awesome enjoy!
    Hows the performance? Any noticable improvements?

20. devilorcracker

devilorcracker Platinum Record

Looks like that I will live my entire lifetime without soothe

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  21. ericdared

ericdared Ultrasonic

Two thoughts. (thinking outloud)
    Memorable & Multiplatinum records were done without that level of precision.
    Instead of using tools to make things sound better, why not using better sounds in the first place?
    As far as it could be understandable by engineers facing bad live recordings, how is this a game changer for sample based material ?