Oceanic EP (3 tracks)

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Backtired, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

Three energetic and rich dance tracks. All happy/uplifting.
    The wonderful cover is a painting made by Christie Marie Elder.
    Enjoy :)

Direct link. I talked about the first song here in this forum before.
    I usually include the styles in the title thread, so people don't open, listen and say "woah what's this crap" and close immediately. But in this one, I wasn't sure what to put. Dance? Trance? House? It's just a mishmash, and I honestly like. What I like? I like the feeling they give. They're pretty vivid, uplifting, all written in major. They give this happy feeling and still make for nice soft dance tracks.

One song in particular - Sonic reef - has a little change towards the middle section. I thought it was really bad and out of tune, but after listening a couple of times it gives a little bit of variation that helps dragging the song forward. If your ears could scream "i'm suffering", they would; but after a while they get used to it.

If anyone is really interested: I used a lot of Korg M1 and Korg Monopoly. Really great stuff. The olde Nexus for some strings action. Samples, a little bit of Vengeance and Zero-G (the drums packs).
    I still need a lot of experience in mixing and mastering, but hey, I'm not getting any money out of this and I couldn't get any better for now; so in conclusion: really happy on these little tunes.

Well... I hope you enjoy as much as I did when I finished them all :)

3. foster911

foster911 Guest

They would perfectly match up with the sport events&scenes or so. :like: