Ocean Way Drums

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dirty Hairy II, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Dirty Hairy II

Dirty Hairy II Ultrasonic

Hi all, first post here, I've got the 6 disc set of Ocean Way Drums from our sister site, but can't get them running on my pc...The installer asks for a serial #, & there wasn't one in the download...On the page I downloaded 'em from, there's a comment like mine with a response "Read NFO", but can't find the NFO....Any help??? Thanks in advance!!!

3. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

If im not mistaken you dont have to install it, just copy it to your HDD,nkc and nkx belong to the samples folder and thats it.

4. ELpH

ELpH Kapellmeister

5. Dirty Hairy II

Thanks guys, gonna give this a whirl & see if I can get 'em goin'....:wink:

6. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Ocean Way Drums: The idea was nice but it's a bit like Mixosaurus, meaning that it's very hard to use this lib and get convincing results unless you are a MIDI guru or use this lib with some eDrums.

TBH this is one of the reasons that I prefer Superior Drummer.

7. Dirty Hairy II

Thanks everyone, got it running with the info from ELpH, & the help from Von_Steyr combined...

mrpsanter: While I'm not a midi guru, I do have quite a bit of experience with these drum libraries, & while OWD is an older release, I'm hoping it'll add some new sounds to my palette....

Thanks again for all the help!!!

8. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

I beg to differ.One of the best drum libraries on the market along with Superior drummer.Yes it has a more specific sound which suits better rock and metal, but still imo one of the best libraries.

9. Dirty Hairy II

This is what I've heard for years, but have never tried OWD, Superior is great, but I'm looking to expand my sounds...BFD is another drum library I'd never tried until recently, & I'm very impressed with it also....