OBOOM will be discontinued (as suggested by @Xupito: This is FUCKED up!!)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by The Pirate, Dec 24, 2018.

1. filtersweep

filtersweep Platinum Record

because you can paste links ( remote uploads like on uploaded) and it will download and bypass all that crap you have to go through if you use the orinal sites i.e. painfully slow speeds and waiting, waiting waiting)..
    so it's a bit rubbish it's stopped working...

2. can someone explain to me how to find an alternative to oboom that i need urges help would be good if someone answers please :wink::dunno:

even with me nothing is more with Oboom (Germany)

3. filtersweep

good luck searching.
    i've lookedeverywhere and there is nothing ( at least on the surface) that works like oBoom.
    for remote URL uploads at least..

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

Try deepbrid.com
    Its download speed is fast but they limit the max file size to 1.2GB and after a few downloads you need to restart your modem to be able to get more with a new IP address (if your ISP provided you a dynamic IP and not static)
    Nothing beats Oboom ...when it's working.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  5. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

Just a side note, I've already criticized leech360 website 'cause they mine with your pc during the downloading process via coinhive. It's something I don't accept on my computer. So, now I thought what if I block coinhive.com right in hosts file (because leech website requires you to disable adblocker), then visited this leech site again trying to do a download, well it just redirected me to pointless pages countlessly without starting to download the file. So you can't use it without letting them to boil your computer.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. filtersweep

deepbrid only allows remote uploads if you have a premium account...

7. lukehh

lukehh Audiosexual

I think you mean zippyshare and not Oboom. Oboom at the moment simply has a problem with remote uploads. But you can access to it without any problem...even if you are from germany! Zippyshare blocks access from germany...but also this is not really a problem, simply use Firefox Addon "Foxy Proxy" chosse a Proxy from the netherlands and it works again!

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  8. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

For testing purpose I just downloaded a 1GB file from an UL link, without Premium for Deepbrid, and without even being a registered user (it's the main point to be able to change IP address restarting the modem, if you want unlimited number of downloads).

Edit: first I wrote resetting the modem, by mistake. Sh*t no!, hope noone took it literally.

9. WTF where is it now Oboom is now completely deleted my data are now gone need help who knows what happens now I have full panic because of my data ...

10. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Uh, not exactly, no! No downloads either. And constant 503s/temp unavailable.

11. Ad Heesive

Ad Heesive Audiosexual

Mine has been Nan B/S for several days until today. Three remote uploads worked ok today and all downloads still OK.
    So, some encouraging signs of life as they clear up the backlogged queues.

===update
    3 hours later back to dead again 8-(

12. cooper

cooper Member

It's working on and off.
    Some files in NaN B/s status resumed downloading for me without even having my computer on.
    Sometimes I still get 503 error but I was able to download a couple of files.
    Oboom rocks!

13. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Links that I put on remote upload yesterday, got eventually uploaded. :wink:

So now, it's kinda working. You still get NaN B/s, but just ignore it and be patient.

14. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

Life without Oboom would be so flat and boring.

15. r4e

r4e Audiosexual

So you say I can remote upload from other one click hosters without extra account and then download from my oboom account? Sounds quite good.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Ad Heesive

Ad Heesive Audiosexual

Not ALL other one-click hosters - but yes with 'uploaded.net', aka 'ul.to', etc, which is the big plus
    - when it works - well worth waiting for.

17. MLooms

MLooms Ultrasonic

A trick that sometimes work, is to delete under settings the "Active login session" It will logout automatically and if you have VPN, choose a different country and login again. (Sometimes you see anonymous proxy instead of the IP and country)
    Just used it and no issue.

18. Grok

Grok Producer

Alldebrid is not expensive (much less expensive than premiums accounts) and very efficient.
    Best compromise I found so far. You can pay a little and not have Oboom problems.

19. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

This reminds me of when my grandmother would say "I fought both of the guys with one hand without spilling my drink", or "We brought one of the bombers down with water-balloons"...
    And I'd be thinking: "Argh. Nan B/s again."

20. filtersweep

nice effort.. but convoluted..
    it seems that oboom is having probs on their side. today i can upload but not download... so eventually i tried just copying and pasting links is seperate window and got this at the top of the page"The requested file can not be downloaded due to maintenance. Please try again in a few minutes."
    so, fingers crossed all will be well sometime soon...
    i hope so becuase i searched high and low looking for alternatives and there aren't any that come close to being as good as oboom....