Oberheim TEO-5

Discussion in 'Synthesizers' started by freefeet12, Apr 25, 2024.

1. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

LEAK: Oberheim TEO-5, a budget Oberheim Synthesizer à la Take 5?

Screen Shot 2024-04-25 at 3.56.00 PM.png

"According to the Leak, it will be called Oberheim TEO-5 and will be a 5-voice polyphonic analog Synthesizer with the same design as the Sequential Take 5.

The leak says it will have two oscillators, sync and X-mod. It will also have a classic SEM filter with continuously variable characteristics from lowpass to band stop to high pass and a bandpass mode.

If it is based on the same platform as the Take 5, both will share many features, including the envelopes, LFOs, sequencer, arpeggiator, and effects. Yes, probably also the display and preset management are the same. Both look very similar in design and I suspect they are based on a platform"

"On the backside, it offers an internal power supply input, USB port, full 5-pin MIDI interface, pedal inputs, stereo output (L/R) and a headphone socket."

https://synthanatomy.com/2024/04/leak-oberheim-teo-5-a-budget-oberheim-synthesizer-a-la-take-5.html

3. Kluster

Kluster Audiosexual

Will be interesting to see how this compares sonically to the Behringer clone which has 11 more voices, a five octave keyboard, is bi-timbral and costs substantially less.

4. clone

clone Audiosexual

"according to the leak, it will cost 1699€". How much actual difference? (if that is an accurate price).

5. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

We don't have the full details on the TEO-5 but that SEM filter alone should set it apart from the UB (Curtis). The Behringer really is nice for sound design compared to the OB-X8 but I ended up getting the X8 anyways. 2nd time actually, this time I got it used for substantially less. It's the filters for me honestly. I plan to get the UB desktop when it comes out because I do like the darker tones, the very useful mod matrix, the atrophy settings (that will be saved with presets soon, confirmed), the step sequencer and the arp/time options. All this adds up in layer mode with 16 voices (8 voices in layer) for some truly interesting possibilities.