OB-6 and FL studio weird issue

Discussion in 'Instruments' started by FrankWhite23, Jun 10, 2024.

1. FrankWhite23

FrankWhite23 Producer

Man I could really use some help I'm on windows 10, FL studio 21 and just recently purchased a sequential OB-6 for the first few days everything was working great and then all of a sudden I'll have a preset on the OB-6 and I'll hit spacespar to initiate playback and it changes the pitch very drastically upward .. I've tried alot of stuff changing the midi channel, changing the ports in FL studio .. tried not having anything but the midi out plugin thinking it was affected by another vst some how. I'm kinda lost at this point and hoping someone with hardware and FL studio had a similar issue.. this doesn't happen with my matriarch so I'm guessing it's something in the OB-6 that when I hit play it's sending a message .. oh and I also tried turning off the pitch and volume automation selection in the midi out plugin..

3. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

Are you using the dedicated editor software?

4. FrankWhite23

FrankWhite23 Producer

Are you talking about the soundtower software?

5. FrankWhite23

FrankWhite23 Producer

If you are .. no I dont yet.. it's like $100 and I'm broke as a joke rn but I'll probably grab it next week

6. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

That's what I was thinking, that the software was wonky and causing issues. Other than that the only other thing I can think of is to try having a software vsti in focus during your project to point FL Studio at something. That might sound silly but give it a shot.

The Osc 1 midi cc is 67, Osc 2 is cc 75 with Osc 2 detune cc 76. Perhaps somehow these are involved.

I use the software controller that comes with the Arturia Polybrute and it is really great to have an interface for the hardware for many obvious reasons. Every manufacturer which makes synths should supply one in this day and age. If I was King I would decree it.

Good luck and I hope you can figure out this frustrating situation.

7. Doctor Butts

Doctor Butts Newbie

Sounds like you initialized the pitch control in FL Studio. If that is the case, it would still control the pitch even if you have your automation disabled.

Check your FL Studio Browser. Go to Current Project > Initialized controls. Then look for anything related to pitch for that specific plugin. Right click it and select "delete event."

8. FrankWhite23

FrankWhite23 Producer

I've restarted my computer several times and started with a fresh slate a few times .. so I dunno if it's that but I'll double check .. thank you though