O Deus ASIO Link Pro: Possibility To...

Discussion in 'Software' started by superliquidsunshine, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Before I demo O Deus ASIO Link Pro and install it, I was wondering if anyone knows if I could for instance use the preamps of my old Focusrite Saffire as two additional inputs and record them along side those coming through the Babyface to have 4 simultaneous inputs recording at the same time? Can it play like that? Thanks to anybody that is in the know.

3. Just to keep it alive a little while longer...

4. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

I think it depends on the drivers of the saffire.
    What you cannot do with asio link pro is to route non-asio driver inputs to asio ins of asio link pro. In my case, that was all what I wanted to do: patch my non-asio usb microphone into the asio architecture...

5. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Using 2 ASIO drivers at once is rarely possible, and even if it is possible you can get a blue screen and "party over" messages more easily. :sad:

It's better to buy an additional computer or a laptop, and use it alongside your main computer. Like I do. I have an RME HDSP card in my main computer and a TC StudioKonnekt interface connected to my laptop. I record everything through the TC and into RME over ADAT cables, and control TC from the laptop. No problems at all. Additionally, if you use Reaper, you can also use the additional computer for running plugins with Reamote, freeing your main computer's CPU a bit. ;)

You can get an older Intel 2-4 core i5 laptop for 300 AUD these days. Possibly even i7. It's really worth it. :wink: A tip: Lenovo T410 usually comes with usable Firewire. You have to ask if it has it, though, just in case. :wink: I have T410 and TC is firewire. I see you're using Focusrite Saffire, that's why I mentioned this.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  6. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

Same here : use a combination of non-ASIO and ASIO. It should work.
    But you will have a little more lag with non-ASIO.