Nx Germano Studios Virtual Mixing Room - By Waves Audio

Discussion in 'Software Reviews and Tutorials' started by Udi Zisser, Apr 4, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Udi Zisser

Udi Zisser Producer

The Waves Nx Germano Studios plugin is a tool that lets you mix on headphones while monitoring in the acoustic environment of Germano Studio One. It delivers an immersive surround mixing experience that actually puts you in the mixer’s seat of the Germano control room, so you can trust what you hear and mix with confidence. Nx Germano Studios does not change the processing of the mix itself, but rather the environment in which you monitor it. You’ll know what your headphone mix would sound like in this “no excuses” mix room.

3. karlarsch

karlarsch Ultrasonic

what a nonsense.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. Oneeyedstan

Oneeyedstan Platinum Record

Nice review, but all this something simulating - fiddling arround stuff will never be more than an obsolete gadget compared to my well known monitors. So, i think this is nothing for serious work, but i will try the recommended demos...

5. rudolph

rudolph Audiosexual

images.jpg Good oil...

6. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

After the market is saturated and (almost) everything is already invented, what else can a manufacturer do to get your money ?

7. RitchieM

RitchieM Rock Star

I use Sonarworks and waves Nx Abbey Road, and Ocean Way, it’s getting me translatable mixes for the stuff I do. You have to use references, train the ears so you know what you are listening to and then you know what you are hearing, it’s helpful if you don’t have an optimum acoustic listening environment. What is key is having the reference tracks so you can become familiar with how they sound in that “environment”.

I use Cubase, so have 2 cues set up in Control Room for my DT770’s and for my DT990’s, each Bus has its own profile for tracking and mixing and then I have an instance of Nx Abbey Road / Ocean Way on. Before I start to mix, I have a bit of time listening to the references to get my ears back in the zone.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  8. mk_96

mk_96 Audiosexual

INTRODUCING WAVES ABBEY ROAD COFFEE MACHINE

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  9. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

I've read that the Americans are crazy about AI, if a plugin says AI, it is sold like hot cakes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List