novation mk2 pitch wheel

Discussion in 'Software' started by flworius, Oct 8, 2016.

1. flworius

flworius Member

Hi guys. I actually dont know if this is a software or hardware issue.
    My novation mk2 25s pitch wheel is going mad, it sends values upward/downward the whole time(unasked vibrato everywhere ^^)
    When I move it from left to right it stops and uses the value I use, when im in the neutral position it starts again...
    when I move it several times to the middle/neutral position, it sometimes stops the "vibrato" and just remains neutral as it should.
    Any ideas what this could be ? the keyboard just stood there, not often used in the near past, suddenly has this issue. Would be surprised if this is a hardware thing, the mod/pitch wheel had been rarely touched....

regards

3. mouse

mouse Member

This is a known issue on Novation controllers. I had the same issue and contacted Novation support. They sent me a replacement wheel assembly free of charge. It is very easy to replace you just need a cross head screwdriver. I am assuming your controller is out of warranty as was mine so I suggest you contact support. They were quick to respond.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  4. phi

phi Newbie

You tried to calibrate from the Keyboard or Automap?

5. flworius

flworius Member

No, should i do this first before contacting the support ? What exactly is to be done ?

thx so far

6. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

I had the same issue....Just go to global menu and calibration, after you calibrate it will be fine.

7. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

Just for fun I did an online search for your issue. The results speak for themselves.
    Novation has some cool concepts but all kinds of quality issues on their keyboards and accessories, not only the mk2/25. Malfunctioning pots, broken keys, failing buttons and connectors from only some mild studio use ... and then you even have to fight with their support when they claim that it's your fault anyway :(.

8. flworius

flworius Member

Thanks, this routine did it for me.

https://support.novationmusic.com/hc/en-gb/articles/207561435

Just dont understand why such issues come up although nothing has been changed. Same with some of my plugins, i didn't use cubase for some months, now i had to re-register/re install some plugins out of nowhere.....