novation automap won't work with latest MacOs Catalina update

Discussion in 'Software' started by black bounty, Oct 5, 2019.

1. black bounty

black bounty Platinum Record

just received this in my mailbox.
    I'm still on sierra and it's i.m.o the last update I will do with my mac until a new one comes in, but I wonder : when it happen, will I have to throw my 25SLMkII to the dumpster ?

Hi

In October Apple will release a new operating system, macOS 10.15 Catalina. Novation’s ‘Automap’ control solution will not be compatible with this imminent update and will not be updated for or supported on future operating system or software releases. As a registered owner of an Automap compatible product, if you are a Mac user and use Automap as part of your setup, we advise that you don’t update to the latest OS. Automap will however still be available to use with currently supported operating systems.

Automap initially set out to let users control their software using real buttons, encoders and sliders. This was technically complex, but Automap offered a unique way of connecting the hardware and software. Most major DAWs now have native solutions so any MIDI controller can have control over the software without the need for an additional third-party application like Automap.

All of our latest controllers such as our SL MkIII and Launchkey keyboards have direct control of major DAWs via dedicated, native integration or the industry standard HUI protocol.

For further information or to contact support please visit our help centre.

Thanks,

Novation Support