Noticeable Audio Difference in Rendered File

Discussion in 'Live' started by KungPaoFist, May 9, 2019.

1. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

Hey all, out of curiosity is there a way to counter the audio degredation when rendering and make it less noticeable?

I posted in Live but it's an issue in all DAW's, I think?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. demberto

demberto Rock Star

Idk but if you are using Realtek drivers the audio will sound different. It is not a problem with the DAW. Also make sure resampling quality is at least 64-point sinc. Change the audio sampling rate to 24-bit, 44100 Hz in Realtek settings. Even I noticed that rendered mp3 (320kbps) was sounding a bit different with 48Khz. If you are using audio interface then idk

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

Thanks for the tips! It's not a huge issue of course but was just curious.

5. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

When you render with the same settings as you play 'live' there shouldn't be any difference (except for RR effect, ofc). But if you render in less, than this can be absolutely normal due to added aliasing.

And btw, there shouldn't be any audible difference between 16bit 44kHz wav and 320kbps mp3.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

Do you know the best way to convert to 320 mp3? Is it best to render/dither to 16bit file before converting to mp3? Converting ng from high resolution to mp3 is wack in ableton...

7. No Avenger

I normally do that in WaveLab with Fraunhofer algo in highest quality.
    My 'audio DAW' is set to 32bit FP and 44kHz and this works without any problem I know of.
    The wacky conversion with Ableton is strange.

8. itisntreal

itisntreal Guest

just render the wave 16, 24 or 32float then import it into HOFA-Plugins HOFA CD-Burn DDP
    then you can save it as a 320 24bit mp3 file

9. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

You shouldn't be able to hear any difference. It's just in your mind. :wink:

Remember that digital audio is digital audio. But on the other hand, you should be able to hear some pre-ringing with MP3 of whatever quality.

Relax. :wink:

10. Satai

Satai Rock Star

There can be a difference because of how some plugins behave: maybe they go into ultra HQ mode and add tons of oversampling when they render, and you actually far prefer the grittier sound you get on the lower quality setting it used for playback all this time.

In this case, record the playback live instead of rendering it. In Ableton, an easy way to set that up is create a track, set input to "Resample" and record your song. Then you'd open the file it recorded in an external audio editor you like, trim it up how you want, and re-save in the formats you need.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  11. ablekuma

ablekuma Noisemaker

Just compose the: MELODY (thousands of scales, even esotherix ones)
    Then put some chords in the scale
    After all, play it for fun. Be creative.
    Wanna hit? Play it in minor pentatonica.
    If you are seriosely brave — stop it.

12. ablekuma

ablekuma Noisemaker

About the topic. Recording in frequencies after the fact: we hear less 20 000, is doable as for fun: our girls are deaf? Or ultrasonix? Sixtin or twentyfour. I don'nt know.

32 bits is way better — there are no clipping. Wanna some "brightness" in highs, or fluffy in lows?

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  13. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

Wot?! The same you say?? I challenge you to a gentleman's duel to the deaf!

Trying to convert such full Rez bit rates into mp3's that don't sound flat and weak. I think the above mentions of using alt conversion softwares might be the answer. Audiofinder surprisingly did a better job.

14. No Avenger

:facepalm: Correct, I forgot about that.

@KungPaoFist , you can test this by setting your pluggies to HQ mode/high oversampling. Even if they add a 'special quality' when rendering, the difference should be smaller.

15. Guitar Hub

Guitar Hub Newbie

Hmmm...it's hard i Guess but everyone here seems to just talk about Production and dance Tracks & Layers ... To the OP .... I don't think it a DAW issue as in Engine? They all the same so people say...I think it just about certain people with little talent like certain DAW's and then get upset when people create some actual music that Musicians might actually like rather than the David Guetta thing of lets talk shit..?