Nothing Strikes Fear Like a Firmware Update.

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by dway, Dec 23, 2013.

1. dway

dway Newbie

Even though we live in a vst world, there was a time when it was all about Hardware Keys, Drums Machines, Rack Mount Synths etc.

They all worked great and for the most part did their job, except when it was time for the Firmware Update! More than likely it was a

maze of dexterous moves that involved holding button for x amt of seconds, while simultainiously holding x key while turning on/ off etc and praying. :(

One wrong move and you had a mess on your hands where anything could happen, from wiping the o.s. to having to send the machine in for update, to not functioning at all.

I don't miss those days at all, I'm happy to say the Ableton Push firmware update was so nice it was a blessing. I always get nervous when it's time for a firmware update.

MPC studio was a nightmare but a least the techs at Akai did it via remote, but that is so intrusive especially with a Crack filled laptop. :rofl:

Arturia Legit is a nightmare because of there natural hatred for all things Air and will lock out your cracks if your not careful.

I always get anxiety attacks when updating Firmware. :(