Not Just Studio One...

Discussion in 'DAW' started by justsomerandomdude, Jan 30, 2022.

1. justsomerandomdude

justsomerandomdude Platinum Record

I think every DAW should have a live looping feature, I just don't know why, but a loop or a looping environment sparks creativity much better quicker than a linear environment. Also i think its helps during the arrangement, as one have played already with clips, they will have a better understanding of what works better with what and where.

Not to mention more and more musicians and artists/producers are doing live shows on streaming platform these days twitching and shaking and whatever. What i really don't understand why most DAW /devs are hesitant to add this much requested feature. The only option a user is left is to ditch the current software/DAW they are using and going forward for a much crappier one.

I use Reaper and i know there are scripts for looping, but as i don't perform live, its of no use to me, and there is Playtime for Reaper costs about 20 euros i think, (demoed it) doesn't do a better job either and i guess they are developing a newer version, as the one now seems to have been around for a few years.

What are your thoughts

3. Djord Emer

Djord Emer Audiosexual

I always wanted to try playtime, looks like an elegant solution for live clips

4. justsomerandomdude

justsomerandomdude Platinum Record

You are not missing much, like i said tried demo not very impressed, lacks in many aspects. Did u try the demo?