Not impressed by Falcon, am I the only one ?

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by trz303, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Graf

Graf Platinum Record

i had a nightmare guys, that it was two thousand twenty one and everybody was playing music on these horrible noises they said were our synthesizers. it was aweful!
    then i woke up back here in 1984, so glad to be back.. what a nightmare

2. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

wow, sorry to poop on your party. but I have to agree with that posts.
    I remember the Pro-tools saga, It was well established you could not be a real producer/engineer if you did not had it.
    than it got cracked and everybody found out that it is actually shit.

same goes for Nexus 3 & Omnisphere.
    these products are not better because they have more protection, that's just not the way the cookie crumbles

3. machupichu

machupichu Ultrasonic

Falcon ROCKS and i feel blessed to have it.You have something between Reaktor and Kontakt, WAKE UP. If you want your software to write your music for you then you maybe should take your sleeping pills and go dream about it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

When you go to the supermarket, they don't buy everything, and if you don't like one product, the next time you buy another product. There are many products out there that are not worth buying and there are many products just because they can be made for money. Take a look at the mountains of electronic waste. Software has the advantage that you do not have to dispose of it expensively, you can simply delete it.

5. Xeraser

Xeraser Producer

Please spell out what the acronym FLAC means.

Hint: the "L" is very important.

6. FrankPig

FrankPig Platinum Record

I think you're arguing with yourself there :rofl:

7. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

It would appear so. The ad structure from the sister site seems to be spilling over into the forum causing sluggishness, replaies not posting or, posting in the wrong place. Will edit referred post to hopefully remove the head bashing!

8. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

You are partially correct here. Falcon has controls built in for synthesis but, only becomes a synth when sampled oscillators are added to the control panel. Vital & Serum, on the other hand are true Hybrid Sampler/Synths with wavetable support.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

No, unfortunately that's not true.

UVI - Falcon Hybrid
    - 16 oscillators, over 90 effects, modulation sources, MIDI processors with scripting,
    combined in a semi-modular sound design environment

- advanced sample engine with timestretch, pitch shift, slicing and granular synthesis
    - pure subtractive and additive synthesis, PM, FM, wavetable and physical modeling

Falcon is an advanced hybrid instrument with unlimited possibilities that includes an extensive collection of state-of-the-art oscillators, effects, modulators and event processors and makes them available in a highly scalable environment with a customizable workflow. Falcon enables you to create and manipulate sounds with unparalleled precision and finesse, from simple sample slicing and synth design to extravagantly modulated, multi-timbral hybrids.

Matt Tytel - Vital
    - Vital is a spectral warping wavetable synthesizer.

Xfer Records - Serum
    Serum is a wavetable synthesizer with a high-quality sound, visual and creative workflow-oriented interface, with an integrated wavetable editor for creating your own unique wavetable sets.

10. demberto

demberto Rock Star

Not impressed by my music... am I the only one? :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  11. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

Unfortunately for you, it is true. Install Vital or Serum alone. No sound source library. Launch & press a key (or pad). Viola! Sound.
    You can also draw in your own oscillator curves for each oscillator.

Using Serum as a Sampler | Chris Gear

12. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

You are not the only one, besides you there are 7.6 billion other people living on this globe,
    the probability is low, but it is quite possible that other users think similarly to you.

13. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Hello Albert Einstein, what a gigantic discovery, thank you for sharing your research results with us. I'm sure you will soon get a
    mail from Sound On Sound, a respected music journal, that they would like to interview you because you are such a smart guy.

14. reznamor

reznamor Newbie

Ok, I think I have read enough here, if fortunately not all of it.

I don't understand why people argue about what is better or worse and just suck up some very good things.
    Why not just make music with the programs you like best and not tell someone which instrument to use.
    In all honesty, I don't waste time telling others which music programs I don't like ... that's pointless,if not even bullshit.
    It is exactly the same as with food, not everyone tastes what the other eats or imagine that everyone would have the same taste in women?
    ... and so I could go on with an infinite number of examples.

I was invited to a birthday on Saturday and someone told me that he didn't like Pink Floyd at all.
    His argument?
    Because the pieces would be infinitely long and would always sound the same.
    To hear that was like kicking the balls ... Ouch!
    I still had to accept his opinion and discussing it would have been a waste of time.

Hey, I like Falcon, Omnisphere, Absynth, Massive, Sylenth, Serum, the U-he things, Steinberg Halion, Kontakt and so on.
    So everything is extremely good and I use it again and again in my pieces of music that I produce.

This is about Falcon 2, right?
    Is it good? ... no it's awesome!
    Why?
    Because I just think it's great and the manufacturers do a lot have given effort and have invested a lot of work to bring this
    gem into the world.
    Still, not everyone has to like it ... summarized in very simple words.

Only a few, very few have made sure that you get Falcon and all these UVI libraries for free, one of them is me.
    I don't mind that I spent around 2000 € on all of my UVI libraries and have now shared them with you guys.
    I'm glad I made others happy with it.
    But apparently free gifts are sometimes still too expensive for some.
    Such people should be ashamed, honestly.

You like it Nice, download it and have a lot of fun with it.

You don't like it? Ignore the download links and keep making music with the programs you like the most.

If you don't like what I've written, you're welcome to get upset about me ... just a reaction from my side won't come.

It's all said (written)

Greetings

Rez

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  15. Synclavier

Synclavier Rock Star

It seems you that didn't even open Falcon. Open Falcon. Just add a wavetable oscilator. "Viola! Sound.":winker: ~300 Wavetables for you are ready for you without any libraries

Spend some time with Falcon before patronising here

16. FLRIZDARKK

FLRIZDARKK Producer

I personally love this new release that is indeed HUGE. I personally am a big fan of 1 plugins with libraries/presets such as this one. Super easy to organize and great sounds. I use Kontakt, Nebula and now Falcon.

17. vuldegger

vuldegger Producer

after using falcon for several days i opened up diva,my all time fav. it sounded sterile,flat,lifeless compared to falcon. yeah it's terrifying to see my falcon lib at 175gb in size but hey my machine is devoted to music so happy days, my 500gb evo can handle it nicely

18. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

Who needs recognition from publications when one has worked with some of the best and, mentored by some of the best in the business.
    Ability & industry reputation are everything to succeed professionally. For some reason Mr. Hawkings, you keep beating your chest like you are the only musician, sound designer, or engineer in the room.

When you have factual evidence of my background then & only then can you make valid and accurate assumptions about myself or anyone else.

Complaints when no example is given Complaints when an example is given,

Your fresh diaper and bib awaits you...

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  19. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

Would not comment if I had not spent time with it. As you pointed out, you have to 'add' a wavetable or oscillator source to even produce a sound from Falcon. Serum & Vital load with a working oscillator that can be crafted along with the other oscillators never using a sample or waveform.

From there you can add samples or waveforms as desired to customize or create presets from scratch.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  20. Synclavier

Synclavier Rock Star

I quoting you wrote "more complex synthesis as a comparison" not sound. If you wrote sound it would be a subjective thing and never drew my attention. Adjectives describing sound like analogue, lush, rich, thick, round are purely individual and not a matter of discussion.