Not any religion- Do you believe in an intelligent GOD?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by foster911, Aug 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SyphonX

SyphonX Kapellmeister

We are put on this earth by aliens as an experiment for them to see how "intelligent" creatures will evolve.
    We scared the shit out of those aliens!!! :yes:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

Everything you know and think you know i wrong !!! WHY ? >>> cause we are all aliens planted here for study and the moon is the mother ship LMAO!!!!!! Ancient Aliens gota love it ;) haha........

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  3. wil6415

wil6415 Newbie

4. SyphonX

SyphonX Kapellmeister

[QUOTE="Pinkman, post: 212435, member: 26618"
    Everything your world has done. You have done to yourselves.[/QUOTE]

That's the most cheap explanation for a God for His failed attempt to rule the world.
    If you say something like that you do not take any responsibility for what is going on in this world.
    It's like washing your hands in innocence. Hmmmm, didn't I read that somewhere? :yes:

5. SyphonX

SyphonX Kapellmeister

Yeah! And now we are the aliens.... But unfortunately not very bright ones! :no:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. foster911

foster911 Guest

So funny (watch till the end):

7. banaan_j

banaan_j Noisemaker

The "fun thing" is that from a (north) European perspective what he says is kind of not done. If he would do this in Europe, about half the audience thinks exactly the way he is making fun of, or some variation of the suggestion that you keep on going in the cycle of life..
    Well "not done" might be too harsh, but he would not get good reviews :)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  8. Adamdog

Adamdog Platinum Record

I'm extremely religious

9. Delord

Delord Member

Hi,

For me it's a matter of common sense; a so well organized universe is necessarily organized by something. Even if you call that "something, "God", "Nature, "Coincidence" etc... Religion ares a matter of politics, power and who can tell a better story. As a musician, i trust my inner voice more than any spoken word from Human beings or more ;-) I naturally prefer good nature but can manage the others and more interested by "String theory" 's relation ship with "Music". No matter what we say about it, it makes no différence.
    Cheers.

10. banaan_j

banaan_j Noisemaker

Here's just an alternative idea: What if there's a "soup" where universes pop up as bubbles and every universe can have their own properties within a certain set of outer limits for every property. If there are unlimited universes and a universe like ours would fit in those limits there's a 100% chance that this universe is created. If ours would not be within those limits it would not have :)
    There actually is some evidence that supports this idea: http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblo...s-caused-by-unknown-gravitational-pull-t.html

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  11. _musicologo

_musicologo Newbie

i totally agree with dis.. theres no more to say about that.. the wisdom of the almighty is inside you :bow:

12. Ankit

Ankit Guest

I believe in physics. I believe in Einstein's work.
    If there is god, then I think it is only scientists which can get closest answer of it. Sitting and worshiping god never helped to know anything meaningful. If God created the universe, then who created god ? A super god ? and chain goes on..? haha.. Worshiping god never gave me Internet, Cell Phones, music, computer etc.

But I respect others who believe in it. Believing in god has helped humans psychologically, which is a good thing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. mrfloyd

mrfloyd Producer

Search through sensory input and resulting concepts (language) is just one level of cognition.
    A bit of introspection:
    All sensory data are just a fraction of original input that is being represented mostly symbolically in our minds (thus we have a language). Even if you help sensory inputs with instruments that see or hear further and deeper or instruments that understand (calculate) faster than our senses and minds the result is again expanded generalization pool. So the world that we perceive and talk about (including the questions about the Creator) is a sum of synthesized reflections creating endless flow of ideas in an effort to classify, generalize and make some sense of perceived data (most of times to get some pleasure or avoid suffering). This process goes in endless circles throughout our lives mostly unchecked while the only constant is the pure sense of existence, the sense of being there to witness whatever is going on in the mind (i.e. life/world).
    While the content of our lives and our impressions/interpretations are unique to each of us it seams that this witnessing "I" is universal, same for all and really not much affected by the knowledge, understanding, age, likes or dislikes. It seams it isn't attached to the person but the person is attached to the "I".
    It is an amazing gift to get the opportunity to live and be self-aware and learn about the world and search for the meaning.
    However as long we are trying to get that knowledge as a thing to be grabbed by the person, by the mind, we will never find It. Our generalizations will just get refined. Range of symbols and language terms expanded. More is less here.

The only chance may be to train the mind to turn away from the constant flow of sensory data (and resulting thoughts and feelings) towards the only constant that we are aware of every moment of our lives.

Good luck with a search for intelligent God.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

I don't know, I'm not a believer, I'm agnostic, but I do admire people who have faith, not necessarely the religious ones who for some have no reflexion on their own faith, they just were born with it, it's more a tradition thing.
    God is about belief, it's an act of faith, and an act of faith cannot be called an act of faith if it's a rationalized decision. Believing is about making the jump, not about asking for proofs, it's not a scientific thing, those are separated, which is why many scientists have faith, they rarely believe in the God the Christians, Muslims or Jewish envision, they believe in the god of Spinoza, a mathematician god, but still it's an act of faith, they don't believe in this god because they have proof, they just made a choice. God isn't like buying a house, I guess, it's not a bargain, it's not a deal, you don't get to see before you buy, you have faith or you don't.
    Faith, God and religions will always be there, they all come with being human, like art, sport and the freaking weather man.

15. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

I didnt believe in god.
    But now that Behringer is delivering a full blown analog monster synth for only 999$,i changed my mind.
    God exists and his name is Behringer.

16. mrfloyd

mrfloyd Producer

Isn't act of faith just an act of mind. Weather act of mind is logical/scientific or irrational/feeling it is still just an act of mind using person specific symbols and internal logic and representations. Therefore totally limited and mostly result of synthesis of many (often unrelated) impressions and thoughts. A barely recognizable map of totally unknown territory. Being attached to the map makes us in no way experts of the territory.
    We can make the most beautiful or complex synthesized sound but that sound is nothing but a momentary expression of a specific set of parameters. Let's then make the ugliest or most boring sound and what has changed for the synthesizer. Almost nothing. All parameter combinations are valid and equally relevant to the Creator (synthesizer). All possibilities are equally relevant. The only difference is our personal like or dislike which change as the endless flow of impressions drags the life out of us.
    "I think this, I think that", "There is an intelligent Creator, there isn't" are all within normal range of available sets of different parameter combinations and totally irrelevant to your true self. The thought will never touch the Witness nor will we if we focus on symbols and generalizations.
    There is an option to drop the talk about the map and shift the focus on the holder of the territory.

17. mrfloyd

mrfloyd Producer

In your case I'd say God is still the Steinberg and just maybe Behringer may get to be a son of god.

18. DKB

DKB Producer

I believe
    God only exist on faith if there's no faith then there is no God .
    That's it as far as I'm concerned
    You can call me shallow minded or whatever but I believe
    It's better to have faith and believe in yourself than some supposedly higher being .

19. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Preach my son,preach!

20. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

I can't talk about something I haven't experienced. Have you experienced faith ?
    The way I think of it on the contrary I think people with an authentic faith can focus on living, rather than waisting their energy in questions with no answer like "why are we here?" or "who created us?". They get to experience life rather than trying to give it meaning. Isn't this what you were talking about ?
    But again, I don't have faith in anything but myself, so I wouldn't know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.