Not any religion- Do you believe in an intelligent GOD?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by foster911, Aug 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

My 2 cents, on a serious note:
    Humans are terrified of being purposeless, to the level of suicide. Right now if one asks someone "who are you?", the most used answer is it's job. Strip the job from a person and you strip it's identity. And with upcoming times when robots will take over humans' jobs this will be a reality.

Now, the presence and belief in a "god", a "path", a "destiny" it's a very convenient way of dealing with identity insights. An easy refuge. And maybe some people need this - as some people chose to be employed and let others decide for themselves versus being entrepreneuts and permanently having to think each little step in their own life.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  2. stevitch

stevitch Audiosexual

My religious beliefs are personal, and therefore, nobody's business. However, if your beliefs are not in accord with mine, you must die.

3. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

I must ask: aren't you terrified as well, of being purposeless?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Yuri

Yuri Rock Star

I used to believe in God; He went by the name of Steve Faoki. He abandoned me and left me alone in a cold, cruel world, and I lost my faith.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

I've learned how to cope with the feelig withoud resorting to a religion. Takes alot of reading though.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

This is one of those age-old questions that will NEVER be adequately answered or resolved. It invariably boils down to a matter of "faith". And, what is faith? Quite frankly, it's a belief in things one cannot see, touch, 'rationally' or 'scientifically' explain. This is where all of the multitude of "theisms" enter into the picture, and we all know how that inevitably turns out. Personally, whatever makes a person feels comfortable and secure works fine for me. Trying to dislodge humans from their 'comfort zones' (whatever their beliefs) will ALWAYS end in negativity and hostility. This subject matter (like politics) is akin to pouring gasoline on an already raging forest fire.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  7. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

For me Nature is what some people use the word GOD for.
    From ancient times humans adore nature.
    Nature has many faces.

To adore different aspects, different archetypes were created depending on the culture, region, language, for example.

Is Fire evil because it can burn your house or is it good because it can bring alive you through a cold winter.
    Is Water Evil because you can drown in the Ocean or is it good that it keeps you alive in the desert?

What experience here is polarity...

So by observing nature we learn what polarity is and much more.

We are all humans, we are all part of Nature , we 'all' want peace and love, we are all one.

I prefer a living 'spirit' than blindly trusting any dogma.

Love, Peace and Light

8. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

To quote Delboy: "What a plonker!" :hahaha:

Sorry but what you say here is on the verge of being deranged in my eyes. :rolleyes:

Why? Generally because "Satanism" is just a type of Christianity, Christian religion in its own right, and sometimes referred to as "Anti-Christianity". It's got absolutely nothing to do with Atheism. Atheism denies the existence of any god and Atheists are not religious in any way. Agnostics are just kinda not 100% sure about that, and generally deny the existence of god and are not religious, either. I am an Atheist, yes. Stories about Satan make me laugh in the same way as stories about Jesus Christ and Snow-White. :winker:

There, just to point out some things. :wink:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Interesting, but who created the creators? :winker:

Agnostics are not able to completely deny the existence of some higher being-god [creator?] and thus I ask this question. it seems like they can't accept the fact that everything is not being under some kind of universal control by a higher being, pretty much like what all the religious people think also. But Agnostics at least don't believe in organised religion. :wink:

Cheers!

10. If there is no Great Creator, then what the heck is this?

11. I too have gone through these exact expeiences of which you speak. It is very, very easy to buy into power trips and the ego self fulfilling "wisdom and knowledge" that beings of other planes so solomnly present as higher enlightened knowledge. I guess there is a learning curve, but to those playing in the astral plane or studying "esoteric" knowlegdge with the aim of acumulating power and wisdom, in the end it is just the opposite of what you seek. Look higher, or even better, don't look...open your heart's mind.

12. panther5

panther5 Kapellmeister

I'd feel sorrow and pity for all the sheep, if it wasn't for their tendency to turn into wolves. I apologize for using animals as a metaphor. I actually love animals. It's the human animal I don't much care for. Humans will never evolve into a higher form until the concepts of non-existant entities, and the religions, fear and false hopes spawned from them are accepted as fiction. Any of you talked to your local ISIS recruiter lately?

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. banaan_j

banaan_j Noisemaker

This is really up to your background.. I, as someone who does not really believe because it seems illogical to me, but of course would want it to be true, have been in such situations and everytime I think "well.. let's see what happens".
    (who doesn't want to live for ever? And this is one of the main points why it's hard to believe in anything for me, because if I would believe I would believe out of fear.)
    I have had "religious experiences" though but now, 10 years later I've come to the conclusion that it was all kinda psychotic... (no offence, this is my experience)

*edit: Also the fact that it's up to your background (reading back this post) is one of the other main reasons it's hard for me to believe. Christians, Jews, Muslims (these 3 mainly) kill themselves ("sub" religions) and each other basically because of what their parents believed before them..

14. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

I don't know what this thread is doing here,on Audiosex,which is a site for musicians and producers....:wtf:

15. foster911

foster911 Guest

Yes, you're right but sometimes we need to have convincing answers for our questions. No matter what the truth is and we're able to prove it or not, just not losing the confidence for continuing our lives and finding out that we're not alone.

16. chopin4525

chopin4525 Producer

• Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  17. mouse

mouse Member

If god created the universe and the earth then he/she/it needs to get maintenance in to sort the planets shit out!

18. farao

farao Rock Star

I see no evidence for some kind of a creator and even if there were any, I fail to see why anyone in would want to worship such an entity.

19. injun joe

injun joe Newbie

sounds like dianetik to me. are you a hubbard Fan?

20. LoveKavi

LoveKavi Kapellmeister

Because we watch T.V shows, Films, listen to music and are influenced by school and people around us with the word 'god'. I say 'oh god' all the time, or, 'oh my god!' So what you just said doesn't mean much at all. If Santa was pushed onto us like the word god, I'm sure if I'm about to get into an accident i'd cry out 'please santa help me'.

I was brought up a Hindu, but I'm not religious, nor follow, or believe in 'god'. But in school, in religious studies, they'd only scrape one or two points from other religions and then stick Christianity fully on us (me), the word 'god' is embedded in society.

However, I believe the belief in religion through the ages is dying out, slowly. Many (most) of my friends have religious families but they themselves don't believe in it anymore as they've grown up and I can see them not pushing anything onto their kids, as they don't follow a certain religion and don'#t have knowledge on the subject really. Which means their kids will have the choice on religion and the only influence would be school where they learn about it, but other than that, they may grow up to not care for religion, but have another belief.

I believe we, and I, have much to learn about life. I always wonder about the beginings of time, but then I think if a God is plausabile because we don't have the answer to anything else, then surely the concept that time never begun could be valid. That being said, I can't believe in something I haven't seen or had a connection with, and won't throw myself into a way of life just because it was pushed onto me. I guess I just have to see if I find 'God' somewhere, or... he finds me... probably at the pub.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.